Photo

For Only 5 Seats More One Each Flight?? Reason I Can't Accept

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I asked my brother in law about commercial passenger planes in isreal. heard planes there had separate cbins w/no access in between.  one for pilot one for passengers.  that model is available by manufacturers such as boeing, yet are not in use as they seat about 5 fewer passengers.

no other reason.

disgusting.

also must truly stupid indeed.

I'm going to fyi anywhere I can.

most all have no idea about this.

#2 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Whuh?

Ground control to Doin', ground control to Doin',

Take your protein pill and put your helmet on...............

#3 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

did I somehow fail to make clear that manufacturers of passenger aircraft such as boeing offer versions of all models such as the 747 that feature separate entrances to pilot and passenger cabins with ACCESS TO THE PILOT'S CABIN FROM THE PASSENGER'S IMPOSSIBLE?

and how hazy is my explanation of why firms such as united airlines do not order this version? because it seats about 5 fewer than the one they do order and use.

have you ever been on a commercial flight?  have you any clue what the security screening is like?

if so you understand this is an asinine reason why 5 fewer seats on the 2 cabin model mean it is not chosen in purchase.

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

I got it the first time and wonder why this is so important to you.

When was the last time you heard of a plane hijacking? The security before boarding is outrageous...for a reason.

I've flown a lot...even El Al into Tel Aviv. Even if they had separate entranced planes in Israel, you can be assured that you will still get the private physical pat down that all passengers get before boarding.

So, I assume that you were thinking that if all airliners had those "special" two entranced arrangements that the security nightmares would disappear??? Don't think so.

Air travel is simply not what it used to be.

#5 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

its just so stupid to me. no access to the pilot for 5 fewer seats seems a very small cost.  the safety aspect would be so much better.