Photo

Tas Update: Big News! There's A Way To Access Old Tas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

I accessed old TAS by entering 'talkaboutsleep - talk about sleep' in google, clicked on 'president's message' about page 4 and viola!  I was looking at the old TAS.  I even logged in and did a teast post successfully!

anybody know how to set up a link from a post in new TAS to old TAS?  I found I had to log out of new TAS before I could log in old TAS w/same username.

#2 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

This is the link to the old TAS (Talk About Sleep) Forum...with its thousands of historical posts.

http://ip-216-134-20...oards/index.php

This is the link to the new TAS Forum...it's dead in the water.

http://www.talkabout...message-boards/

I don't know the reason for the change but somebody took a perfectly good forum and killed a valuable resource for people with sleep disorders....I sentence them to 99 years...of sleep.

#3 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

BRILLIANT!!

Now, all we need is a post with the link in new TAS where anybody that logs in can see it, and the old TAS forums are back!  I was able to post and do a search as well once I was in old TAS.

Does anybody know if this could alert the owner(s?)s of the new forum, and if they can destroy the old posts or disconnect the link?  I will delay posting this link pending advisements so I don't f. anything up; my internet savvy is but little better than that of an aardvark.  So I'll wait.   

The individual responsible for what happened to TAS is most likely John DeBenedetti.   He has a medical supply in Alameda, CA.  I do not know what he is motivated by, nor have I proof he is truly to blame for TAS's demise, or if he alone is to blame, if so.

I only know that he is the president of new TAS, if the internet is a reliable informant.