Talking In Sleep?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 metalman76

metalman76

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

I have always talked in my sleep and I don't mean dreams, I can and do very often carry on a full conversation while I am asleep with absolutely no recollection of it. I have always half jokingly told my wife that it keeps me honest because all she would have to do is ask me when I was sleeping. lol Does anyone else here do this?

#2 PWN in Texas

PWN in Texas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

I also talk in my sleep.  My husband is not patient enough to try to actually see what I'm saying; he's just annoyed that his sleep has been interrupted.  My mom has told me however, that when I was in high school I used to carry on full conversations with her; to the extent that she often thought I was awake and it took her several times to realize that I was actually sleeping.  

#3 metalman76

metalman76

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

My wife tells me about conversations we had and I don't remember all the time. Most recently this morning. lol

#4 britneyadams

britneyadams

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Law student.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I am probably more active in my sleep than when I'm awake!  I have been talking incessantly in my sleep since I was a toddler.  Its when people start talking to me that I usually wake up.

#5 Rachel_Moron

Rachel_Moron

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

This is good way she is asking you and you are speaking truth, when you are asleep. lol :D this is funny actually, but it should not very lighly. It is not physically harful but it is very embarrassing when you speak to others. Do you avoid sleeping in the presence of others beause of fear that it might disrupt someone else's sleep. I had discussed about this to my family doctor and she said, If the sleep talking is especially loud or frequent and disrupts a bed partner's sleep, it might be best to sleep in separate rooms until the sleep talking is under control. Sound sleep at night will lead to less friction between couples and boost everyone's mood.
Other might be anoy you beacause of your sleep talk. One funny incident I'd tell you here, my 3-year-old son has on more than one occasion said 'I know your secrets...' Fortunately my husband recognized it as a line from a Scooby Doo episode he'd watched earlier." loll. :lol: