Graded Exercise

Exercise sleepiness EDS Tired Sore Pain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kimpossible

Kimpossible

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:When I had energy, I liked to knit, read, write, and make stained glass panels. I have 4 dogs who try to keep me out of my bed.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

I have trouble exercising partly because I get drained so quickly but also because exercise usually hurts so much because I have loose ligaments.  I was talking to my physical therapist about how quickly I get tired and have muscle weakness and he suggested graded exercise.

Has anybody tried this or know anything about it?

#2 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

I have trouble exercising partly because I get drained so quickly but also because exercise usually hurts so much because I have loose ligaments.  I was talking to my physical therapist about how quickly I get tired and have muscle weakness and he suggested graded exercise.

Has anybody tried this or know anything about it

http://www.webmd.com...atigue-syndrome

Starting slooowly and working your way up gradually is a great way to avoid injury. Anything is better than nothing. Gradually increasing over time allows your body to adjust. The build up is more of a mental commitment than a physical one.

Exercise has great benefits on sleep and mood.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Exercise, sleepiness, EDS, Tired, Sore, Pain