How Does Xyrem Feel?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 supertired

supertired

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

I have read over and over the posts about Xyrem.  Mostly what I find is dosage, when to take it, side-affects, etc.

My one question that I have not seen answered is does it make you wake up feeling rested?

That's really what I want to know.

Can someone answer this for me?

Thanks

#2 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'll let you know.  Xyrem hasn't even managed to knock me out yet.  All I got were a few brain zaps and the munchies.  When I use Imovane and Sublinox together at 1/2 doses, I wake up feeling rested and refreshed, but it doesn't last very long.

#3 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have read over and over the posts about Xyrem.  Mostly what I find is dosage, when to take it, side-affects, etc.

My one question that I have not seen answered is does it make you wake up feeling rested?

That's really what I want to know.

Can someone answer this for me?

Thanks

Maybe in time. Xyrem is a process, not an event. It takes time to see how you respond. You need to hold loose expectations. Allow for months to see real results. It is not like knock-out drops or a sleeping pill- it is very different and it does not work overnight.

Remember, it does not cure Narcolepsy and Cataplexy. It promotes deep sleep which then alleviates the symptoms.

You may eventually wake up feeling well rested. Maybe not. But you should start, eventually, seeing a reduction in cataplexy and daytime sleepiness.

#4 Kimpossible

Kimpossible

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:When I had energy, I liked to knit, read, write, and make stained glass panels. I have 4 dogs who try to keep me out of my bed.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Maybe in time. Xyrem is a process, not an event. It takes time to see how you respond. You need to hold loose expectations. Allow for months to see real results. It is not like knock-out drops or a sleeping pill- it is very different and it does not work overnight.

Remember, it does not cure Narcolepsy and Cataplexy. It promotes deep sleep which then alleviates the symptoms.

You may eventually wake up feeling well rested. Maybe not. But you should start, eventually, seeing a reduction in cataplexy and daytime sleepiness.

Reading that has helped me prepare for starting Xyrem soon.  My doctor made it sound so easy - just take this pill in the morning and this other drug at night and you will be fine.  Nuvigil has not been easy, so I'm a bit concerned about Xyrem.  Thanks for the "real" deal.