• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Jillybean1688

Jillybean1688

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

In response to your question on skipping doses after drinking;

I always skip my first dose if I drink at all. If I get drunk I skip both doses and suffer the consequences of being tired the next day. I hope this helps!!

#22 Kimpossible

Kimpossible

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:When I had energy, I liked to knit, read, write, and make stained glass panels. I have 4 dogs who try to keep me out of my bed.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'm neither old nor young.  I look forward to drinking a glass of wine at the end of the day and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  I have yet to start Xyrem - are you really not supposed to drink ANY alcohol the whole time you are taking it?  Because, on top of the bed-wetting and not eating for 3 hours before bed, this could be a dealbreaker for me.

#23 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm neither old nor young.  I look forward to drinking a glass of wine at the end of the day and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  I have yet to start Xyrem - are you really not supposed to drink ANY alcohol the whole time you are taking it?  Because, on top of the bed-wetting and not eating for 3 hours before bed, this could be a dealbreaker for me.

Just don't have alcohol and Xyrem in your system at the same time. Best to skip X if you had a few drinks in the evening. Early moderation, like an afterwork glass of wine would not be any problem. A glass of brandy at bed time would be a problem.

#24 Kimpossible

Kimpossible

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:When I had energy, I liked to knit, read, write, and make stained glass panels. I have 4 dogs who try to keep me out of my bed.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I always skip my first dose if I drink at all. If I get drunk I skip both doses and suffer the consequences of being tired the next day. I hope this helps!!

That is helpful.  And same goes to Hank. 

Thanks!

#25 Dan7Gray

Dan7Gray

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Metal \m/, tattoos, psychology, health, programming, fishing, and trying new things!

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

This is exactly what I do. Although I bought a $130 breathalyzer for if a just have a few drinks, so once I blow 0.00 I can take a dose and rarely take a second dose. If I get drunk I suffer. I've waited to blow 0.00 several times after getting drunk to take my doses, usually the doses make you get a horrible hangover where you can't do jack the next day anyways (since they're so full of sodium). So you're better off not dosing at all on nights you get drunk!

#26 Leanora

Leanora

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:massage therapy,video games, nature, animals, politics, reading, dance, art, not sleeping my life away.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

I wonder how that guy is doing...This was from November. Man, I wish I would have found this site back when I was drinking! Very similar mind set to the guy who started this topic. It ended horribly for me. I can recognize now that I drank to be "fun". When I drank I was outgoing, funny,energetic, talked to everyone and people liked to be around me... I am never like that otherwise. I wish I could be but maybe someday (naturally). One of the worst parts is towards the end of my drinking days I would get so black out drunk that sometimes I would take my xyrem anyways.... yeah... not good.... Last weekend I tried to drink (it's been a long time) but since I recently started to listen to my body I could tell after two sips that it was a bad idea so I dumped out the rest. It's not worth it. There are better ways to have fun and let loose. Maybe someday I will be able to have a glass of wine once in awhile but right now I am just working on finding out what my body needs to function the best it can and I am also working on liking who I am. 

#27 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Way to go Leanora!

Please insert a smiley face doin' a fist pump here.

:)

Some things, like drinking and late nights, are just not worth it..."listening to your body" will put you in charge of your life.