Photo

Natural Treatment That Works (For Me)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Area-1255

Area-1255

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:NeuroEndocrinology, Debating, Technology/CounterSurveillance.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

I tried 150mg ... feels like very weak Provigil.  Similar to betahistine too, only weaker, so I'd say it's a histamine booster.  No harm in trying it.  I'll try 300mg tomorrow.

Similar to betahistine? Has anyone here tried Thioperamide? That ones really good too and produces very profound mental clarity as well.

#42 rayraybaybay

rayraybaybay

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Rock and Roll, Vintage Jewelry, Decoupaging, Star Trek, Hiking, History, High Fantasy Books, Makeup Artistry, Tattoos, and Candy

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

OK! I hope it helps you. Maybe we can get feedback from some others who have tried it and like it. I believe Neti is a fan of it.
Nice shot of the label and awesome that the warnings are so clear.

Regarding R.R.:

I used it for about 2 months, a couple years pre-diagnosis, when I was grasping at natural and pharmaceutical straws.

I took the Vitamin Shoppe brand, 500 mg capsules, once or twice a day as needed (every day upon waking, and sometimes at lunch.)

It worked as well as a low-dose of Adderall (I'd liken it to about 10mg of Addy, tops), and it did somehwat improve my mood.

It did negatively affect my sleep if taken after around 2pm, but that wasn't a surprise.

I stopped it due to my worry about its long-term consequences and the lack of solid and compelling scientific evidence.

But generally, I found it to be very useful and experienced no side effects, other than jittery-ness at higher doses or with caffeine.

#43 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

I'd say RR and coffee are a lot safer than Adderall, but it depends how each person responds.  I know that they are not safe in me.  The max is one 500mg capsule of RR, and that's at the high end.  If you were taking two, that explains it.

One of the things I've learned is that the textbook doses of Xyrem, Adderall require other meds (anxiolytics, beta blockers) to balance the side effects and that the regimen has to be changed every so often, or amphetamine tolerance will develop over time.  If only amphetamines are used, it eventually leads to a downward spiral.  My doctor and I have fought tooth and nail over this point.  He wants me to follow a consistent regimen, and I said I bake this cake by feel, not by a fixed recipe.  No two days are the same.

#44 AMxreborn

AMxreborn

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:NeuroEndocrine Sciences, Nutraceuticals, Herbology, Computers, Politics, Spirituality.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'd say RR and coffee are a lot safer than Adderall, but it depends how each person responds.  I know that they are not safe in me.  The max is one 500mg capsule of RR, and that's at the high end.  If you were taking two, that explains it.

One of the things I've learned is that the textbook doses of Xyrem, Adderall require other meds (anxiolytics, beta blockers) to balance the side effects and that the regimen has to be changed every so often, or amphetamine tolerance will develop over time.  If only amphetamines are used, it eventually leads to a downward spiral.  My doctor and I have fought tooth and nail over this point.  He wants me to follow a consistent regimen, and I said I bake this cake by feel, not by a fixed recipe.  No two days are the same.

Has anybody looked into 5-HT1A antagonists...?

5-HT1A serotonin receptors inhibit excitory currents; NMDA, dopamine, histamine etc

5-HT1A antagonists ; NAN-190, WAY 100,635 show strong stimulant properties and beneficial effects on endocrine parameters.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10728875

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9886141

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20413719

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19190523

http://www.researchg...methamphetamine

#45 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

There are lots, but it would be the same as an SSRI.

#46 AMxreborn

AMxreborn

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:NeuroEndocrine Sciences, Nutraceuticals, Herbology, Computers, Politics, Spirituality.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

There are lots, but it would be the same as an SSRI.

Not quite, antagonizing 5-ht1a would lead to increases in excitory output- especially given that almost every serotonin receptor besides the type 1's are stimulating.

ESPECIALLY the 5-ht2's and 5-ht3's. All of which facilitate calcium channel input.

#47 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

And possibly serotonin syndrome.

#48 Area-1255

Area-1255

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:NeuroEndocrinology, Debating, Technology/CounterSurveillance.

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

And possibly serotonin syndrome.

Possibly, if you are taking an SSRI with it.