xyrem side effect bed wetting help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 b.chrissie@yahoo.com

b.chrissie@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Has anyone had the awesome bed wetting side effect happen with Xyrem? It happened once and the nurse said usually it is a one-time thing, so I kept going. A week later, yesterday was the first time I woke up on my own for my second dose AND before my wake-up alarm, which was really exciting for me. Last night...it happened again. The nurse’s line says they suggest talking to the doc about going to a lower dose. But this dose has been the most successful for me, except for the whole incontinence thing. Any feedback? Has anyone encountered this and changed doses with success? I am at the end of my rope here. I am looking for a new doc, because mine kinda sucks, so I don't know what to do for the next two weeks until I can get in to see the new doc. Please HELP :(  :angry:

#2 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I know this is going to sound gross, but there are adult female diapers you can buy, and that way you can stay on the same dose.  I'm starting Xyrem too and I bought mine ... male version of course.

#3 b.chrissie@yahoo.com

b.chrissie@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Oh man, I don't know how I feel about that. I am just exhausted from this whole process. It is an option though, thank you for the idea.

#4 Kimpossible

Kimpossible

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:When I had energy, I liked to knit, read, write, and make stained glass panels. I have 4 dogs who try to keep me out of my bed.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm not looking forward to that.  I think the not eating for 3 hours before bed will be worse for me.  I eat all the time.  I wake up in the middle of the night to eat.  

I tried Nuvigil but I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head.  Maybe the Xyrem will help (and keep my eyes in place.  lol).

Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xyrem, side effect, bed wetting, help