supertired

Remeron And New Life.

16 posts in this topic

It's been more than a month since I have been on Remeron with excellent results.

I feel like I have been given a new life.  Only about 20% of EDS that I used to have.

I also take Cipralex (Lexapro) and Xanax to sleep.

It's been great.  I don't even feel like I have N anymore.

If I don't get out of bed now, it's not because of tiredness, it's because I'm just being lazy or am procrastinating.

I never thought this day would come.  SO happy.

That's good news! So you were taking Xanax and Lexapro before you started the Remeron and they weren't helping your sleep at all? Also, what dosage of Remeron are you taking? Dosage info for the Lexapro and Xanax would be helpful information, too.

Chemist

30 mg Remeron

20 mg cipralex

0.5 mg Xanax

I started taking them all at once together.

My previous anti-depressants were Prozac, wellbeutrin, prystique.  I can't name or spell them all but the combination I have now is working great.

Thanks for the information. Well, I can see why you would have such a huge turnaround as far as sleep quality is concerned. Your previous combination would have been expected to induce insomnia, if anything. I do have one other question for you. Are you taking any stimulants during the day or are those drugs the only ones you're taking? The combination you're on now would definitely help sleep quality and I imagine you are taking them together 1-2 hours before bedtime, but especially with the Remeron I wouldn't be surprised if there was some residual daytime sleepiness.

Chemist

30 mg Remeron

20 mg cipralex

0.5 mg Xanax

I started taking them all at once together.

My previous anti-depressants were Prozac, wellbeutrin, prystique.  I can't name or spell them all but the combination I have now is working great.

Please be careful with Xanax. Benzos are easy to be on and devastating to get off. There are safer alternatives- please look into them.

I am also taking Concerta for both ADD and narcolepsy.

Seriously, I cannot tell the difference between the days I take it and the days I miss. 

Adderrall is not available where I live.

Do you take all three meds at night? I am looking for a combo to help with excessive EDS. Pro vigil not doing the trick?

My second opinion doc for N recommended this yesterday because I cannot tolerate X. Nice to see it's working for you. He mentioned it has a "drying effect." Have you noticed any issues with slow digestion etc.?

How is Remeron like Xyrem?

I don't think Xyrem and Remeron have anything in common.  It does have a sedating affect along with the Xanax and just gives me more energy and better sleep throughout the night.

I am trying to add Deplin in the mix as I have had success with that in the past.

Remeron can be used for anything hypersomnia related, yes?  Wondering if that's my best option, regardless of the cause being N or Atypical Depression

I'm not a doctor but it has sedating effects that help me sleep along with Xanax.

Without them, it takes me hours to fall asleep as my mind keeps racing and racing.

There is no "Ah, I can sleep now" restful feeling.

that is great. maybe I should try that too. xyrem isn't working for me, don't know where to turn to get tips and suggestions for that - ?? - but im sure my doctor will allow me to try these same medicines that you are. I want to be successful too.

Supertired:

...curious, you said "Adderall" is not available where you live, do you mean government regulations do not allow distribution of it for medical treatment? Is that a region of the US?

I live in Dubai UAE. All medical amphetamines are illegal. I'd have to travel to India to get them and only be able to bring back 90 day supply which isn't a bad idea now that I mention it.