Dexedrine And Vyvanse Combination Therapy

medication dexedrine spansules vyvanse combination

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tonyp

tonyp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:health and wellness, nutrition, fitness, horror movies!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

I have been taking 10mg of Dexedrine (immediate release) in the morning (8:00am - 9:00am), followed by 50mg of Vyvanse around 11:00am - 12:00pm. This works well for me....much better than anything I have tried before and I think Vyvanse is a miracle drug.

I used ti have a job where I would be at work until 10 or 11 at night and during that time, I was taking 70mg of Vyvanse because I was driving alone late at night and the higher dose peaked later and took longer to taper off.

Now, I am working as a Wellness Program Director and am also a Pilates Instructor. I have not been able to find an instructor willing to teach the 6:30am classes which means, for the time being, I will have to teach them. This means I will now have to get up at 5:00am so that means I need to change my med dosage.

I don't really want to increase the Vyvanse because it seems to make more since to increase the Dexedrine since I take it in the morning. For the immediate release form of Dexedrine, the pills come in 5 or 10 mg forms so to increase my dose to 15 mg would mean having to get 90 5 mg pills a month, which is not only expensive (no insurance) but many pharmacies do not carry the immediate release form unless you request it.

My other option is to take the 15mg Dexedrine Spansules followed by the 50mg Vyvanse. I used to take the Dexedrine Spansules 3 times a day before I started Vyvanse, It worked great, but as Im sure many of you know, the wakefulness promoting effect of stimulants do not last as long as the behavioral effects would last for someone with AD/HD. Hence the reason I had to take it 3x a day instead of 2.

Vyvanse is supposed to last 12 hours or more but I find that I can easily go to sleep after 8 hours and have never had insomnia as a result of the meds.

Has anyone else tried this combo of meds? Does it seem like a reasonable combination to try? I will be getting up at 5:00am starting Nov. 9 and will work some days until 8:00pm so I feel like it makes sense to try but would like to hear other peoples opinion first.

Oh, I also take 150mg of Wellbutrin SR twice a day and 1 mg of klonopin twice a day as needed for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (which, thankfully is not exacerbated by Dexedrine or Vyvanse.....it is by Adderall and Ritalin which is why I do not take those)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medication, dexedrine, spansules, vyvanse, combination