Photo

New Tas Has New Forums. Good Job, New Tas Management.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

talkaboutsleep has obviously been under new management recently, TAS's website is entirely reformatted.  TAS now has online forums.  these forums are brand new, and were a bit behind schedule as was stated by TAS. 

so were some of my company's construction projects.  no big deal.

good luck in your endeavors, TAS.

#2 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

For those who don't know...TAS is Talk About Sleep.... http://www.talkaboutsleep.com

In reformatting the site, a great deal of very helpful information has been lost from past forum members. An "Archived Forum" section would have been more than helpful if only just to read. New comments could be entered into the new forum IF you can find it...it's located under the heading "Community".

I also find the "grey" print and "pale turquoise" headings extremely hard to read and very tiring on the eyes...somebody really screwed up there.

Doinmdirndest...loved your comment on the addictive potential of stimulants where you compared Narcoleptics to Diabetics and wondered whether Diabetics could be said to be "addicted" to insulin and whether they would be limited in the amount of insulin that they could receive. An excellent analogy.

#3 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

what's really bizarre is that w/all this MD focus on addictive potential the amphetamines allegedly have all the while,  PWN in general not only have -0- desire to abuse these drugs, they actually fear the amphetamines, and tend to shun them.  often, w/untreated EDS causing individual PWN loss of 'quality of life', doctors propose beginning an amphetamine RX -only for the patient to decline and never try these drugs.

when I first saw an n. forum 3 years ago, I was at odds w/Stanford for it's uncooperative stance in an evaluation as had me there.  the MD that ordered it had recently as of then titrated my 150mg/d  Adderall to 300mg/d; I requested of him an upwards titration to 450mg/d I felt was necessary.  this was indicated (impossible as it seems it truly was-and is) but he said we'd have to get an evaluation first, even as MSLT results had already were conclusive.  the evaluation backfired, at least for my goals.

I presumed there would be lots of other PWN not happy about the mg/d amount of these drugs they were getting.  boy, was I wrong! just go and look at replies to my posts.  to see the majority of them you must go through archives a page at a time as my original name spelled w/an 'a' got banned by nn (under pretexts reminiscent of sen. joe McCarthy, in my estimation) and although my post/replies under name 'doinmdarndest' yet appear in archives, the old profile page no longer downloads my posts w/'find content' icon.  therefore, anyone wishing-even as I truly can't imagine why they would-to inspect my older posts would have their work cut out for them.  the 'find content' is really needed to check out a given contributor's posts.

if you read all the replies PWN made in disagreement to my amphetamine-touting-posts, you would have no doubt addictive tendencies are virtually non-existent in PWN, or at least those present here.  literally hundreds of examples therein (replies to my posts, most in old, banned username) my efforts were relentless, have ended only recently; I was out to get my treatment-the one I felt I need.  figured forums were the place to take it when MD's said 'no'.

after this online experience it's highly evident to me PWN would not abuse stimulants were they being passed out free of charge to all passersby on every streetcorner.   and substantial numbers would not even try the drugs.

silly geese, the MD's, on this issue at least.  for PWN, such concerns are not at all warranted. can you not agree?