• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Lousyskater

Lousyskater

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics, Electric Guitar, Gaming

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Wish I would have read this thread earlier. Have this crap all the time and never really understood what it was until now. I don't really "see" anything while awake per se, but I do notice shadows moving in the corner of eyes but I never actually see anything. I hear noises all the time though. Music, beeps, people talking, the works. I have the hallucinations all the time too when I'm falling asleep at night, the light flashes people in this thread are talking about being the most common. I also end up seeing a blurry figure forming in my window curtains that begins to reach out at me and I end up flying out of bed yelling at the curtain and running into another room and pacing until I realize what was happening.

#42 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Here is the thing with N hallucinations, they are REM related and only happen when falling asleep or waking up. They are not like psychotic hallucinations which are entirely different.

If you are experiencing HH during the day, is this happening when you are sleepy or bored or thinking or relaxing.

You may be on the verge of sleep more often than you are aware.

What medications are you on and have you recently come discontinued any. Sometimes this can play a role.

#43 Lousyskater

Lousyskater

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Just atenolol for my blood pressure. I was also being treated for Sleep Apnea(only 5 events an hour, even) for the past two months with a CPAP and that thing made everything even worse to the point that I had to burn all of my PTO at work and stop using the thing altogether. I went from having Sleep Paralysis and the Hallucinations maybe once a week at most to it being a nightly occurrence with the CPAP. 

#44 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

PTO, you must work for the government (or a gov't contractor). :D Everywhere else, I've just heard it called vacation/sick leave.

#45 Lousyskater

Lousyskater

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

PTO, you must work for the government (or a gov't contractor). :D Everywhere else, I've just heard it called vacation/sick leave.

Nah, I work for a civilian company that doesn't do anything with the goverment.