Photo

Do You Know If You Slept During The Mslt?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jmb521

jmb521

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I had my mslt today.

I think I may have slept for 1 or 2 of the naps but I'm not sure. It felt like I went from thinking random thoughts to very vivid thoughts...which happened during each nap. I couldn't tell if I was sleeping or not because I sometimes heard noises outside of the room. The last nap, it felt like I was laying there for 5 minutes.

Right now, I have to wait for a month to get the results. I'm hoping to see if they can get me in sooner to go over the test results.

#2 PWN in Texas

PWN in Texas

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I slept all 5 naps and it took me, on average, less than 5.5 minutes to fall asleep each time.  The last nap I only needed 1.5 minutes to fall asleep!  And I remember dreaming during each one.  

#3 octet

octet

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

I could immediately tell that I had slept in four of them; in a fifth (not the last one) I thought I had been dreaming, but I had also maintained a general awareness of my surroundings in the room (including the low hum of a pipe or something), but at the same time, it's not entirely out of the ordinary for me to be both dreaming (rather than hallucinating) and maintaining this kind of partial awareness of my surroundings. What made it clear that I had been sleeping though was, at the end of the 30 minutes when the nurse came back in, my extreme grogginess and disorientation (and being unable to string together a coherent sentence, waiting for a good 30 seconds until I was all there again), something which I find characteristic of when I have been napping and have having entered a certain kind of sleep.

#4 jmb521

jmb521

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Well, I got my results yesterday.
Doctor said I slept all 5 naps with an average sleep onset of 7 minutes. No REM in any naps.

#5 Gemma

Gemma

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

During my first MSLT, I remember thinking that I'd only slept for a couple minutes during one of the naps, but it turns out I'd slept during 3 or 4 of them, and fell asleep really quickly as well. I think it was an average of about 4 minutes till I was asleep. I had no REM at all, but I was on anti-depressants which suppress REM sleep.

#6 bh2601

bh2601

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

I slept in all naps and entered rem sleep in all. I didn't have to wait for a diagnosis or treatment, but I am waiting on my official scoring. I can't imagine having to wait!

#7 browndog319

browndog319

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:stand up comedy, music, college basketball, football, baseball

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

My doctor made me go back for a sleep study for some freaking reason. I don't know why - he just likes to send me for them every couple of years. But this was a different center. They didn't put my diagnosis in the notes - and I guess I didn't do my normal crazy garbage during the night because they let me take Ambien. So I did fall asleep during the naps. They were like you may be able to leave after 4. But I guess I went into REM in #4 and it was the first one where they saw that so the nurse came in and said,"I'm sorry, we have to keep you for a 5th nap." I said, "Oh, did I go into REM?" And she looked at me with surprise and I said, "Well, I have narcolepsy so I wouldn't be surprised and I totally had a dream." And she said it wasn't in the notes and said, "Well, I guess you're not getting a surprise then. I always get sad when I see that pop up."

It made me feel good that they don't like seeing the results while they're recording them.