Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monchichi_mommy

Driving Laws By State

7 posts in this topic

is there a central place where I can see the driving laws by state in regards to narcolepsy? We will be moving soon for my husbands job and I don't want to move to a state where I wont be able to drive, I don't have sudden sleep attacks when I get sleepy I usually have about 20-30 minutes to find somewhere to sleep.

Doctor told me yesterday Ontario requires it reported, not sure about the rest of Canada. 

I've never driven, I don't trust myself.  Even though I don't get irresistable sleep attacks very often, my judgement and response time is questionable even on a good day; I don't even like biking on the road.

As for such a list, I have not found one.  When I've tried to research such, there is only varied information from site to site, nothing I've found is consistent...

I just wouldn't feel comfortable potentially putting others at risk.  Got some big bags on my bike so I can easily do grocery runs.  Only time I've taken a bus in the past 2-3 years is to get to the doctor.

A majority of issues with narcolepsy, especially with cataplexy, is the undefined issues with its disability. Even claiming disability, you have to toss it under the "seizure" liability. The driving laws work roughly the same way. But this link may help.

http://dmvanswers.com/questions/1179/How-long-must-I-be-seizure-free-to-obtain-a-drivers-license

Lookup Loss of Consciousness at your state/country/etc motor vehicles department