Driving Laws By State

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 monchichi_mommy

monchichi_mommy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

is there a central place where I can see the driving laws by state in regards to narcolepsy? We will be moving soon for my husbands job and I don't want to move to a state where I wont be able to drive, I don't have sudden sleep attacks when I get sleepy I usually have about 20-30 minutes to find somewhere to sleep.

#2 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Doctor told me yesterday Ontario requires it reported, not sure about the rest of Canada. 

I've never driven, I don't trust myself.  Even though I don't get irresistable sleep attacks very often, my judgement and response time is questionable even on a good day; I don't even like biking on the road.

#3 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

As for such a list, I have not found one.  When I've tried to research such, there is only varied information from site to site, nothing I've found is consistent...

#4 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I just wouldn't feel comfortable potentially putting others at risk.  Got some big bags on my bike so I can easily do grocery runs.  Only time I've taken a bus in the past 2-3 years is to get to the doctor.

#5 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

A majority of issues with narcolepsy, especially with cataplexy, is the undefined issues with its disability. Even claiming disability, you have to toss it under the "seizure" liability. The driving laws work roughly the same way. But this link may help.

http://dmvanswers.co...drivers-license

#6 everythingthatshimmers

everythingthatshimmers

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

I haven't been able to find a central resource. This is the closest I've seen but it doesn't give a lot of specific information as it relates to narcolepsy. Scroll down to the bottom to search by state.

http://everythingnar...ing-safety.html

#7 JMac50

JMac50

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Lookup Loss of Consciousness at your state/country/etc motor vehicles department