Photo

Arizonahugs/stimulatednarcoleptic: Are You Here?/do You Copy?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

about 3 years ago I began searching the n forums to find others with a well-tolerated amphetamine regimen of similar (comparatively massive) prorprtions to my own 300mg/d Adderall rx, began in '10, which has allowed me to be a functional American working man.  the search is and will remain in effect.

3 others exist, at least insofar as I can find.  I find it wise to communicate w/these anonymized internet pwn, because I believe it possible our access to our existing wakefulness regimens, along w/any/all other such regimens as may or will exist, BE COMPROMISED.

if this will happen or when I do not know.  but I know it could happen.

today I am trying to find arizonahugs from talkaboutsleep, a forum that has vanished, and stimulatednarcoleptic from sleepconnect who has not been active for some time in that forum.  his most recent post tells of his med being stopped, a likely explanation as to why he has not contributed to the n forum as he cannot now function w/o his med.  both of these pwn's regimens' are/were Adderall in about trhe same amt. as mine.  a 3rd high dose rx'ee, moshe turner from linkedin's narcolepsy group (desoxyn 140mg/d) remains active in that forum.  his are interesting/intelligent forum postings.

stimulatednarcoleptic- I hope you are well.  arizonahugs- sound off if you are here.

that is all for now.  best wishes, all!

#2 collegewriter

collegewriter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Psychology - mainly behavioral neuroscience, psychopharmacology, law, politics, computer hardware & overclocking, EDM (especially Euro)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

about 3 years ago I began searching the n forums to find others with a well-tolerated amphetamine regimen of similar (comparatively massive) prorprtions to my own 300mg/d Adderall rx, began in '10, which has allowed me to be a functional American working man. the search is and will remain in effect.

3 others exist, at least insofar as I can find. I find it wise to communicate w/these anonymized internet pwn, because I believe it possible our access to our existing wakefulness regimens, along w/any/all other such regimens as may or will exist, BE COMPROMISED.

if this will happen or when I do not know. but I know it could happen.

today I am trying to find arizonahugs from talkaboutsleep, a forum that has vanished, and stimulatednarcoleptic from sleepconnect who has not been active for some time in that forum. his most recent post tells of his med being stopped, a likely explanation as to why he has not contributed to the n forum as he cannot now function w/o his med. both of these pwn's regimens' are/were Adderall in about trhe same amt. as mine. a 3rd high dose rx'ee, moshe turner from linkedin's narcolepsy group (desoxyn 140mg/d) remains active in that forum. his are interesting/intelligent forum postings.

stimulatednarcoleptic- I hope you are well. arizonahugs- sound off if you are here.

that is all for now. best wishes, all!

#3 collegewriter

collegewriter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Psychology - mainly behavioral neuroscience, psychopharmacology, law, politics, computer hardware & overclocking, EDM (especially Euro)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

I've have never used illegal levo & dextro-amphetamine. PWN, we live day by day, but I cannot empathize with you. You seem more interested in gaining pills than finding a solution. I'm tired and desperate, but I will not allow people like you to make posts as PWN when you simply abuse. Why do you require such higher dosages than us?

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

He simply does and he's entitled to find and pursue whatever solutions work for him.

I only take 100 mg. of Modafinil but others require far more AND a stimulant as well. That reflects their needs. "Whatever works" is my motto...our symptoms, our lifestyles and our med needs are simply not one size fits all.

#5 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Ferret, I completely agree. 

Each one of us experiences the disease in both different variations of symptoms, and in diffferent degrees of varying effect/s of each symptom; not to mention how some or all symptoms, can come and go, regress and/or progress. 

Whatever substances/drugs effect/s, also varies for each of us, from one to the other. 

I'd love to have a way to have more energy, as much as I'd love having a way to get better sleep; I've not had success really finding either, simply.

Lifestyle Adjustments have brought me great benefit, yet it's still a day to day or/deal.

Please don't quote me on this food for thought.

Believe it or not, there are persons who have Narcolepsy, with or without Cataplexy, who are on the flip side of doinmdirndest treatment (of choice, what brings them benefit); they have near to no problems 'in certain respects to law,' if they live in Colorado or Washington, a few other states, Israel or many other countries today...

#6 collegewriter

collegewriter

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

He is entitled to find what works, I agree. I was in a bit of a bad mood at the time of my previous post. But, his extensive use of illegal methamphetamine no doubt contributes to his above average need. I do not doubt his need, simply his need is not ordinary.

#7 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

I've have never used illegal levo & dextro-amphetamine. PWN, we live day by day, but I cannot empathize with you. You seem more interested in gaining pills than finding a solution. I'm tired and desperate, but I will not allow people like you to make posts as PWN when you simply abuse. Why do you require such higher dosages than us?

my mslt = 2.18 min omset latency, 7 min rem latency.   I trust I need not assert (as once I did after a presumption came across that perhaps no washout preceded my mslt)that all mslt protocols-2 week washout in particular-were present.   if we could simply trade lives for 1 day, you wake up that day to find that you are me/vice versa, and that day was a day w/o meds, you likely would experience a bit of guilt for thinking I don't need my medicine.

what you'd do is lie there asleep w/ brief periods of foggy, lethargic pseudo-wakefulness in which you are fully aware of capabilities not had, but for the absence of the med.  nightmares often accompany the bed's status thereunder as prison housing.  on occasion, vivid ones reflecting imminent death in circumstances such as being instantly swarmed by thousands of bees.  or a veiwpoint of a whale's fluke in the distance and you're far beneath the ocean waves, or in another impossibly (for a human)positioned above a craggy shoreline pounded by fierce waves beneath the seabirds below, their creies seeming to plaintively protest the leaden sky above.

and when you got the med not only would sleep/wake cycle become normal along w/normal dreaming, you'd experience a thing I can only compare to an animated portrayal I saw once from nasa.  it showed a satellite deploying an array of solar panels after reching it's orbit.  my mind does a thing like that, and I regain for example the ability to compose this; whereas 'mary had a little lamb' would amount to a most daunting challenge for me to post sans my med.  yet in the mentally impaired state i'm somehow aware of what being whole, the thing the med does for me, amounts to all the while.

there is no shame in incorrectness having become a part of our conclusions.  only in retaining them when the truth is brought to light.  I wish I had I were a more effective advocate for the truth when it comes to my own indication, especially w/the md's.

maybe i'll look into the dale Carnegie effective speaking course I heard an ad for listening to the traffic and weather reports driving to work a few weeks ago.  nobody, save my wife my boss + 1 doctor i'm so very fortunate to have, and an extremely scant few others seem to be aware I do not speak w/forked tongue.

#8 collegewriter

collegewriter

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

my mslt = 2.18 min omset latency, 7 min rem latency. I trust I need not assert (as once I did after a presumption came across that perhaps no washout preceded my mslt)that all mslt protocols-2 week washout in particular-were present. if we could simply trade lives for 1 day, you wake up that day to find that you are me/vice versa, and that day was a day w/o meds, you likely would experience a bit of guilt for thinking I don't need my medicine.

what you'd do is lie there asleep w/ brief periods of foggy, lethargic pseudo-wakefulness in which you are fully aware of capabilities not had, but for the absence of the med. nightmares often accompany the bed's status thereunder as prison housing. on occasion, vivid ones reflecting imminent death in circumstances such as being instantly swarmed by thousands of bees. or a veiwpoint of a whale's fluke in the distance and you're far beneath the ocean waves, or in another impossibly (for a human)positioned above a craggy shoreline pounded by fierce waves beneath the seabirds below, their creies seeming to plaintively protest the leaden sky above.

and when you got the med not only would sleep/wake cycle become normal along w/normal dreaming, you'd experience a thing I can only compare to an animated portrayal I saw once from nasa. it showed a satellite deploying an array of solar panels after reching it's orbit. my mind does a thing like that, and I regain for example the ability to compose this; whereas 'mary had a little lamb' would amount to a most daunting challenge for me to post sans my med. yet in the mentally impaired state i'm somehow aware of what being whole, the thing the med does for me, amounts to all the while.

there is no shame in incorrectness having become a part of our conclusions. only in retaining them when the truth is brought to light. I wish I had I were a more effective advocate for the truth when it comes to my own indication, especially w/the md's.

maybe i'll look into the dale Carnegie effective speaking course I hed an ad for listening to the traffic and weather reports driving to work a few weeks ago. nobody, save my wife my boss + 1 doctor i'm so very fortunate to have, and an extremely scant few others seem to be aware I do not speak w/forked tongue.

With all due respect, your reply appears to have signs consistent with mania. Your lack of cohesion, egocentric justifications, and bombastic style of writing are merely a handful of numerous indicators.

Being as polite as possible, I believe we are each entitled to explore treatments that improve our quality of life. You explained, in different words, that if I lived a day in your shoes that I would feel guilt for doubting your unique needs. You even posted your MSLT results to back up your claim. Yet, you seem to forget that every single person on these forums has the same terrible disorder as you, and we each have our own sob story of how difficult it makes our lives to live.

I truly believe, that high doses of amphetamines make living with narcolepsy possible for you. Nor do I think your requiring of such dosages means you're an 'addict' or an 'abuser'. What I cannot dismiss as mere coincidence, though, is your need for these dosage levels and your prior history of using illegal methamphetamine. Your tolerance for amphetamines is extremely different than those of us whom never used.

Again, I truly believe you need and deserve the treatment that works for you. I'm simply pointing out how your unique needs are not due to narcolepsy alone. Rather, narcolepsy and illegal drug usage.

And with all of that said, I again apologize for my hostility in my initial post. I posted while in a foul mood and aimed my frustrations undeservingly at you. I hope this post conveys my true feelings in a more rational sense.

#9 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

don't know what bombastic is and my cohesion seems fine to me.  I don't see what anything I write is supposed to do for my ego.  i'm actually a bit depressed, not 'manic'.

what we learn from my case history is 2 things 1) for those pwn responding to Adderall it is possible in some to maintain wakefulness by simply increasing the dose to offset lost response w/o adversely effecting heart health/b.p. since it worked/works for me.  i'm virtually asymptomatic. 2) although nobody's likely to need the same 270mg/d as I now take, the normal maximum amounts, 60 mg/d is the maximum amount Adderall is normally prescribed at, for example, are too small.  

no worries, man. 

#10 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

I repeat.  arizonahugs/stimulatednarcoleptic: are you here?/do you copy? over.