Philosophy
    Bioethics
    Equine care
    Naturopathic Medicine
    Holistic health
    Theology
    Doctor Who

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm on 36mg of Concerta this week while my doc tries to figure out what stimulant to add to the xyrem I should be starting in 1-3 weeks, 

But I feel horrid. My anxiety is terrible and because of the constant worrying I am very down. I know anxiety can be a side effect of this drug, but anxiety so bad as to cause depression??? 

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do?

Quit taking it?  
I'm afraid it might be doing more harm than good. I am supposed to go to class today but stayed up late last night attempting and failing to get work done. I was so angsty I couldn't stop to focus. And then trying to sleep was a nightmare with my mind all over the place like that. 

Help! Alternative to Concerta? I tried Nuvigil and as much as I disliked it, I'd rather go back to it than this!!! Even though Nuvigil didn't do anything for me. This is crazy, every drug I try is supposed to help and ends up screwing things up again. I've already messed up 2 weeks of class, I don't want all of this to end up hurting me so bad it shows on the transcript but as of now it's inevitable. This is horrid. 

[end rant]

#2 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Try switching to adderall. Or ask for a rapid acting antidepressant like remeron or wellbutrin. Remeron is very sedating but when taken at night can help suppress REM sleep. Wellbutrin is non sedating, has no impact on REM sleep, and may not help combat anxiety as much as remeron.

#3 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

I hated welbutrin so much, kept me awake for days.

#4 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

It does cause insomnia in some people. That generally goes away after several weeks. Of course if the person is taking xyrem it's not even a concern since that will put them out no matter what.

I'm thinking of trying remeron, myself. If that doesn't make a difference, I'll probably try wellbutrin second, straterra third, and effexor last.

#5 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Sent you a PM AnnieJoy

#6 kevers

kevers

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I hated welbutrin so much, kept me awake for days.

same here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: concerta, depression, nuvigil, help, anxiety, panic, insomnia, alternative