xyrem medication

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 supertired

supertired

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

I am new here.  Narcolepsy is getting out of hand.  I was trying to get Xyrem before I left the USA for the Middle East.

My doctor prescribed it but the pharmacy said they weren't making it any more.  This was maybe 6-9 months ago.

I read posts about people on it.  I see a lot of benefits to it.  I really want to try it to get some sleep and feel rested.

Getting jump started each morning with stimulants makes me feel like a junky getting a fix but I need them to stay awake.

now Im taking prozac and concerta and cipralex(lexxapro) but adderall is not availiable in Saudi Arabia.  Neither is Provigil or Nuvigil.

Can I get some Xyrem feedback about your experience with it and ease of availability?

Thanks

#2 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't think you can get Xyrem in the UAE.

#3 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Xyrem's definitely real, but availability is likely a big issue, given the high cost, and lack of demand, I wouldn't expect it to be stocked anywhere.  Isn't it even a special order for most pharmacies in the USA?  I could see it rotting on a lot of shelves otherwise.

#4 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

Its not a special order.  You can only get Xyrem from The SDS Pharmacy.  You may be able to check on the Xyrem website to see if they ship to the area you are living in.  Usually it is overnighted from the central pharmacy, so I am not sure how the shipping works for overseas. 

#5 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Wouldn't that make it a special order; not having it on the shelves at all times?

#6 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I was just saying that it won't be at any Pharmacy ever.  The patient receives a call from SDS and they ask if you are ready, if yes they deliver it to the patient.  So, I should have said yes its a special order but not to a pharmacy's shelves. 

#7 supertired

supertired

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Has anyone used it and had the feeling of being more rested the next day?

#8 b.chrissie@yahoo.com

b.chrissie@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I did at first, then that subsided but I am still titrating. So far I am a fan.

#9 steaks

steaks

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Xyrem is just GHB.  Our media has pounded into our heads that it can only be used for date rape, so it is highly illegal in the US.  

In the 90's you could buy a whole bottle for around $10.00 at GNC.  Now, it is a prescription drug, and that same bottle costs around $500.00 or more.  From what I have heard, GHB is not illegal in most countries.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xyrem, medication