• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beckylaine

Beckylaine

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping, spending time with family & friends

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Has anyone tried metadate cd? I've been taking nuvigil for a couple months. I started at 50mg & I'm up to 225mg without much improvement. My dr said metadate would be the next step for me, 20 mg.
thanks.

#2 It doesn't stop

It doesn't stop

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

I haven't had that advice. Nuvigil alone didn't work for me, I also take adderall and Xyrem. It has been the worst roller-coaster of my life trying to find the right meds at the right doses, and I'm not sure it is over yet.

I would try to follow my doctors advice, but I would also speak up if it doesn't help in a reasonable amout of time. I wish you the best of luck in finding your treatments!

#3 Beckylaine

Beckylaine

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Thanks! The waiting & trials with the different meds is awful. I'm a nurse & not use to being the patient. This particular doc said he doesn't typically mix amphetamines with nuvigil. Thanks for your input.

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

I'm sure you've already found out that this is just another brand name like Ritalin or Concerta.

What really surprises me is that they use artificial dyes in it...when it has been shown that some children react very negatively toward dyes in food.

Check out the "filler" ingredients as well, in case you may be allergic to any of them.

http://www.drugs.com...etadate-cd.html

#5 Beckylaine

Beckylaine

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thanks!