I Live By Schedules...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

And, oh boy, is mine out of whack this week. I eat at specific times, I sleep at specific times, I take pills at specific times etc.

On Tuesday, my hubby, who is 72, went into the hospital for a planned reconstruction of his entire abdominal wall. Multiple hernias were popping through because of both his malignant tumour removal a year ago and a genetic defect of the top layer itself.

I'm a basket case. It's a two hour drive to the hospital and I'm there for about four hours, then two hours back. I do have someone else driving me and I am usually asleep before the car leaves the parking lot at the hospital. Yes, I know I'm stressed but I just want to warn everyone who may find themselves in this position. The results of not taking care of yourself include increased cataplexy, increased EDS, inability to rationalize and really badly fragmented sleep structure.

He's on the mend and is up, walking and showering with help. Tomorrow, for me, is a day of rest and recuperation or I won't be worth a damn to him when he comes home.

#2 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your husband.  You need someone to take care of you, and now you have to take care of him also.  Please hang in there.  I hope you have family nearby that can help you during this difficult time.  Maybe increasing your modafinil to 150 or 200 can help in the interim.  I know you're not taking anything for your cataplexy now, but there is a whole list of anti-cataplectics you can try -- prozac, effexor, cymbalta.  Maybe they can help you.  They're not like that junk imipramine.  I haven't found anything to help with my cataplexy, and I don't know what I'm going to do either.