• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

So I went to sleep around 12, drifted off no problem in about 10 minutes as always.  Woke up around 3:30 instead of my usualy 1:30, and again at 5:30.  Then 6.  Stayed half in/out of sleep for about an hour before deciding I'm going to be late for work.  Drifted in/out for another hour, Remember having a dream at some point, but then things went really weird between 8-9.  Extremely loud noises coming from upstairs, like dragging furniture across the floor, I remember seeing boxes in my room falling over from the vibrations, but I don't have boxes in my room.  How would I be able to determine if this was a false-awakening dream, or a hypnopompic hallucination?  I don't really remember waking up from it.  Ended up being an hour and a half late for work, and I'm still messed up.  Coordination is off, focus is a little better than normal, but not much.  I also feel a weird pressure on either side of my head at the back, about two inches behind the ear, like I'm wearing a hat that's too tight.

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Sounds like HH to me! They cna be very weird and hard to make sense of, especially since your memory formation isn't that great while in that state. You must have just had a very remmy night and just feel more fatigued than normal.

#3 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's weird, and I know I've had this feeling before..  It feels like my occipital lobe is swollen lol.  I haven't had a confirmed hypnopompic before, but I was having hypnagogic fairly often, but I didn't think they counted.  I'd hear music, or a radio announcer.  Figured it was white noise extrapolation.

Hmm.. Occiptal lobe is where dreaming "happens", wonder if the weird feeling could be due to that area not being rested if I was too "remmy"?

#4 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ugh another incident.  Went to bed at 9, woke up every 2 hours as always... missed my alarm, which is weird, I usually wake up before it.  Ended up going back to sleep and having an HH around 10am.  Thankfully I recognized it as an HH because it was a 3 year old bald kid with silver eyes standing in my bathroom door and I willed it away.  Feeling really cloudy today.  Seems like I only get this effect if I allow myself to sleep more than 8 hours in a row.