Photo

Rx For Provigil, Does Anyone Take It?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BrainCloud

BrainCloud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything creative, drawing, sewing costumes, creating reborn dolls. Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, etc...

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I was just diagnosed with Narcolepsy and mild Cataplexy.  At this time, my Doctor thinks my Cataplexy is mild enough not to medicate for it, but he did prescribe Provigil for my exessive sleepiness.  Does anyone have any experience with this? 

#2 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I do. But it's the first med I've taken in 25 years and I just finished the three month mark. I only take 100 mg at 8 a.m. and I have been LOVING it. I am more alert during my waking hours, have a better general mood and attitude, experienced  absolutely no side effects, have lost 20 pounds and cataplexy has lessened considerably. Happy? You betcha! 

Until NOW...with this latest lot number, I'm getting a headache every afternoon, nausea, malaise and a rash. I'm pissed and have reported it to Lundberg who import it from the U.S....I live in Mexico.

The foil on the back of the previous three months worth of pills stated "Cephalon" very clearly...the package stated made by Cephalon and imported  by ??? to Mexico.

NOW, the back of the foil is stamped with "Lundberg" (the importer to Mexico) and the package states "made by DSM Pharmaceuticals N.C. U.S.A. under license to Cephalon".

The Lundberg people here in Mexico have been concerned for my health, appreciative of my feedback and are reporting it to the head office in Norway. I have taken a two day holiday from Provigil and, at their suggestion, will start another lot number tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

They are going to call me next week for the results of this little experiment.

Please excuse the excess of information. My purpose was in telling you that this is a good product and has worked very well for me BUT please make sure that it's made by Cephalon and make a note of ALL the information on the package and in the package for further reference.

I sincerely hope that it works for you as well as it worked for me...and I really, really hope that I just got a bad batch because if I have to stop taking this, I'm gonna cry.

#3 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

OK, here's the update.

As reported above, I took a two day holiday and ALL the symptoms above went away...no afternoon headache, no nausea and, most importantly, NO rash (it faded very quickly).

Went to four pharmacies before I found a different lot number...and IT WORKS with NO side effects just like before.

Dr. Alan from Lundberg Pharmaceuticals Mexico called me to see how I was doing and, although pleased, is extremely puzzled. I pointed out that the foil backing SHOULD name the company who actually make the drug...not them, as just the importer...he agreed. Since I already know that DSM Pharmaceuticals outsources a LOT of their products, I asked him WHO is making this product for DSM and WHERE is it being actually produced. That, IMHO, it was misleading to say (on the box) that it's imported from the U.S.A. when it doesn't say that it was MADE in the U.S.A....He agreed and didn't know the answer but is going to look into it.

On the news this past week, is the report that a third RANBAXY pharmaceutical plant in India has been banned by the FDA from exporting products to the U.S.

So I ask you...WHERE is YOUR medicine being made and BY WHOM????? Come on FDA...this is our health you're messing with...we are not the profit in the bottom line of some pharmaceutical company's accounting ledger.

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 847 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Possibly a small step in the right direction...

http://www.reuters.c...Name=healthNews

#5 kevers

kevers

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Possibly a small step in the right direction...

http://www.reuters.c...Name=healthNews

Good link thanks.