• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

So how often do most of you wake up during the night?  I generally wake up every 2 hours (that I can remember) for no reason and fall back asleep.

Oddly enough, when I do wake up I'm usually very aware of what time it is.  I use an old phone as an alarm clock, and I'll usually wake up right before the alarm goes off.  Many times I find myself waking up, pickup up the phone, and the alarm goes off in my hand.

#2 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

I fall asleep within seconds of hitting my pillow and don't wake up until six or seven hours later at night. Same goes for the three hours of my afternoon nap.

The exception is when I accidently or on purpose consume MSG and then I toss and turn all night.

#3 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

My latency is around 10 minutes.  Not sure if I can fall asleep during a scheduled nap, been working too hard to stop myself from that lol

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Long time practice :lol:  It doesn't happen immediately and everyone has to find out their own schedule.

#5 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

We wake up lots of times, but just don't remember it.  I woke up 19 times on my sleep study, but only remembered 3.

#6 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

I wake up every hour if I am not on xyrem.

#7 dormir 2

dormir 2

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I remember multiple times a night waking up about every two hours.  I don't usually check the clock anymore, but in the past I have.  Most times when I remember being awake, it is because of a weird dream.   Sometimes these waking periods have HH and SP with them.

#8 BrainCloud

BrainCloud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything creative, drawing, sewing costumes, creating reborn dolls. Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, etc...

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

I know I wake up quite a lot, but it's mostly when I shift position.  The only times I wake up fully is if I've just had a nightmare or if something woke me up like a sound.

#9 Kimpossible

Kimpossible

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:When I had energy, I liked to knit, read, write, and make stained glass panels. I have 4 dogs who try to keep me out of my bed.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

I sleep in the pattern of first sleep and second sleep most nights.  I usually wake up sometime between 2:30 and 3:30.  I have to use the bathroom and am often so hungry that I have to eat.  Then I read for a while and go back to sleep.

#10 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

I always wake up what seems like after a really long dream, usually 2-3 I remember pretty vividly, but, of course, I've no real way of knowing how much time passed from the dreams cessation to the waking state.  only awake for a few mins when I do, usually just long enough to check the clock to record the time

#11 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I wake up briefly, often, throughout the last 3 or 4 hours of sleep. When I wake up in the earlier hours of sleep it is usually to go to the bathroom quickly.

The brief awakenings seem like breaks within dreams, or within one dream, and whatever awakenings seem to often influence the dreams direction.

The dreams can be very exhausting, as they can seem so ongoing, long and near completely real (at times it is awesome); sometimes I'll wake up briefly, slightly confused, thankfully though within moments of actually opening my eyes, I know exactly what the deal is and my actual place...

I roll back and forth quite a bit through out each night, and think that I tend to be semi-aware of doing such; no idea how many times that is each night, but sometimes or maybe often it is likely a few turn overs an hour.

If I have any stresses, anxieties about something upcoming, or pressures upon me, I can hardly stay asleep upon the common awakenings, or in combination I'll have bad insomnia getting to sleep and staying asleep.