Eating (Or Not Eating) And Xyrem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Anyone else notice a difference in how xyrem affects them in relation to how much or how little you've eaten throughout the day (or how much you weigh)? Seems to be the case for me. Seems to be stronger if I have eaten very little that day.I get anxiety and IBS so have a hard time keeping my weight up.

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Anything in your small intestine is going to inhibit X to a certain degree. So obviously, the longer you can make yourself fast without adversely affecting your nutrition, the better. When I was on it, I would allow small snacks 2 hours before. A small meal 4 hours before. If I was really planning to pig out, I would work in a 6 hour delay.

#3 jennel

jennel

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Live Irish Music, I'm really interesting until you ask me what my interests are...Social Butterfly by Day, Mopey Insomniac by Night ;)

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

I really struggled to eat the first month on Xyrem. It has eased up so that I can now eat, but I still don't eat very much on it. And for me I don't seem to really get hungry until just about the time I need to stop eating. However, I don't seem to lose weight regardless of what changes I make so for me there hasn't really been weight loss associated with eating less.

#4 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have a terrible time trying to get in enough food while taking Xyrem... when I went on a X break (for 2 months) I finally felt hunger again, it was great.  Now that I am back on X its back to having to force feed myself... and like Jennel I get hungry around the time I need to stop eating.

I try to eat something right before the 2 hour mark... just not anything heavy.