4 replies to this topic

#1 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I am still getting this message...

Narcolepsy Network Community is currently unavailable
Software upgrade in progress, please check back shortly.

Sign Out

FROM MY PREVIOUSLY BOOKMARKED LINK.  I had to get back onto the forum by going to the main page of the Narcolepsy Network via google and clicking on the correct link. For some reason I did not have to sign in...and I have bookmarked this separately. Having toggled back and forth a few times between both links, I can state that the above is true. I have informed three moderators and a few forum members of this and I sincerely hope that the problem can be fixed.

I'm posting this here because it tends to be the most read section.

Y'all come back now ya heah?

#2 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yep, I had the same problem. They didn't forward the /forums/ folder to the forums subdomain. Hopefully they notice and fix it soon. Should literally take like two minutes.

Edit: Using the full URLs just made a mess. Edited out the URLs.

#3 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

I heard  back from one of the moderators (Kathleen) that she has informed the webmasters of the problem.

Hubby and I had a good giggle at lunch today. I told him what was going on and that I had never experienced that before when a website has been redesigned and the url changed.

Usually, there is an automatic redirect to the new link or a message that says "click HERE to go to the new link".

We decided that the webmasters had been asleep at the wheel...pretty funny for a Narcoleptic Forum. We meant no disrespect but, ya gotta admit, that's funny. :lol:

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

Woohoo! It's back using both the old and the new bookmark. Thanks Kathleen and Webmasters.

#5 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Apache can be a cruel mistress