My Fantastic Idea--Deciding I Wasn't N

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SteffaneGrace

SteffaneGrace

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

So today I started mulling over whether I should even bother taking Xyrem. I started to go on an impulsivity binge (which I can thank BPD for). I decided that I was going to quit Xyrem because it was making me foggy and it would "never change anyway". I decided that I was going to change my life, start taking L-Theanine, Melatonin and Valerian. Do light workouts at night. And meditate before bed. 

I decided that I didn't have any form of N or idiopathic hypersomnia (my diagnosis is in-between the two. Yep, in-between.) and I could EASILY get over EDS by just doing these nighttime routines and pushing myself through the day. 

So here I am at 4:11 in the morning typing to everyone on NN. I went to bed at midnight and woke up a number of times. Now my body aches (happened often before Xyrem) and I am back to feeling how I felt before. Exhausted. Sore. Awake. And tired.

I haven't felt like myself since I have been on Xyrem and I am scared. As most of you know--I have chronic mental issues as well and that doesn't make my situation any easier. The people at the Success Program keep telling me that "clarity will come", that sometimes it just happens one day and other times it's a gradual awakening. But what if my clarity never comes back?

4:16am now. Started school Monday. Two classes today 35 minutes away 10am-5pm. Then work. 

I picked the wrong day to test this.

#2 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

well, here I am at 4:36 am typing to you replying to your post/reading nn posts as a way to put off getting on my feet and getting ready for a construction laborer's
workday.

unfortunately, I've no experience w/xyrem as my mslt had only 1 sorem and 2 at least are needed for it to be covered by my insurance.

therefore, this reply is likely of no use to you and only facilitates my own need to procrastinate as I thusly have no advice to offer, wish I could try xyrem, which could lower the amts of stimulants I must take to be minimally wakeful.. maybe I wouldn't need so much Adderall w/300mg/d regimen that was so hard to get a prescriber for and is actually leaving me undermedicated, 450 mg/d indicated and no md will take it on.

I presume you have been granted the stimulant treatment option.

I can wish you a good day, though. there. just f.-ed off 20 min., now I must endure cessation of remaining seated, participate on site...i'll blame the traffic if i'm late. if I tell the super. of this he's unlikely to sympathize. best wishes/hang loose/no worries/have a nice day!

#3 SteffaneGrace

SteffaneGrace

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

I have been offered the stimulant option, and that is also a serious issue for me. I have been on both Adderall and Adderall XR. Ending up on the regular version, I cannot take even 10 mg because I have skin spasms and body twitches. And 10mg takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to kick in and lasts about an hour. Dilemma. Can't take more because the spasms and twitches get worse. And less is practically ineffective. 

Ah yes. And Provigil and Nuvigil have zero effect.

Energy Drinks work however. Now--to find $20 for a day's worth of 'em.

#4 ironhands

ironhands

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff, video games, not feeling like bum

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

I was doing the energy drink thing about 8 years ago, they put me to sleep

#5 chavo2177

chavo2177

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:FINDING THE RIGHT HELP!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

i do the damn drinks too.... seems to be the onoly thing that gives u the push... provigil was ZERO for me too and now i take adderrroll at a low dose because i have opiates for pain and they see me as a problem..

#6 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'll take your Xyrem if you quit.  Try Concerta.