Photo

Seroquel Xr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 corey91386

corey91386

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Family, Feeling Better!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I was curious if any one has taken Seroquel XR. My moods have been really bad lately and I haven't responded well to any of the traditional sari/snri's so my doctor said this might do the trick. Big mistake! I took it last night, and am just now waking up. 24 hours later!!!! Anyone else have any input on this drug?

#2 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

I tried it, as they thought it might improve my sleep.  This was before my diagnosis of narcolepsy.  Seroquel made me sleep for days.  Felt much worse.  That drug is kryptonite for a narcoleptic -- even worse than doxepin.

#3 willers

willers

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

I didn't like seroquel

#4 Chemist

Chemist

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Honestly can't see why anyone would want to prescribe this drug for hypersomnia. This is something you would be more likely to prescribe for insomnia. And more specifically, true insomnia that involves less than 8 hours sleep in a 24 hour period. Not insomnia due to having fallen asleep uncontrollably, taking naps earlier in the day, or sleeping a long time the night before. Anyway if you've gone through the SSRIs/SNRIs try Mirtazapine or Trazodone, ensuring you take them 1-2 hours before bed at night and never in the daytime.