Nuvigil..just Wow

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LuisPuerta

LuisPuerta

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hey guys I'm a long time reader here and i previously posted about how the only thing i could find to work for me was a rigid gym schedule/diet/ and pre workout called craze. While this did a lot to combat the fatigue from narcolepsy i could still always feel it in the background. Just that constant sensation that i was drained and tired even when i had a good amount of energy.

It was extremely depressing being 24 and getting diagnosed with this as my passion in life is exercise and fitness and these have been slowly but surely taken away from me. I really didn't think there was anything that could work. I've tried every natural remedy there is and I aso tried provigil in differing doses. None of these worked for me and did very little to take away that back ground pressure of fatigue and the sensation of feeling drained. It is usually so bad i can't focus on what's going on around me or really participate in engaging conversations without at some point feeling like im fighting off extreme fatigue. The Provigil really didn't do anything for me at all past the 3rd hour or so after taking it. For a few hours it worked decent but it made me feel like a speed junkie and my heart would explode in my chest and i'd start sweating a lot. Definitely not something i liked even though it made me feel more awake. After this wore off though, it did practically nothing except make me come down harder.

After a lengthy fight with a new doctor that was given to me by the military (I'm active duty), I was given the choice to try NuVigil. The doctor they gave me at a routine check up told me about NuVigil as another option, but then went and reviewed my sleep study results and decided to tell me she thought my condition was entirely made up and wanted me to do all my testing over again because there was nothing to indicate i had it..this is within 2 months of me separating from the military and my paperwork had already being filed with veterans affairs..After a huge fight over getting a new doctor, and my results going back before a medboard, it was determined she was completely wrong and there was no reason to tell me i needed to do the testing over again. About 10 different doctors said it was ridiculously clear from the results that i did indeed have narcolepsy and sleep apnea. :mad: This took 4 months of back and forth until i got their decision, before i got to try the NuVigil. I was feeling desperate and hopeless at that point and i really didn't care what happened because i had professional doctors treating me like dirt and there was nothing working.

All i have to say is...holy freaking crap! This stuff is a miracle drug for me. I know these medicines all work differently on different people and many people havent had much success with it. But for me personally i feel CURED. Like....the back ground sensation is not there at all. I am just not tired. It is an incredible feeling. I take one 125mg pill in the morning and thats it. I am solid all day. I've been taking it for 2 weeks and the first few days i felt a little jittery but after that i havent noticed anything but good results. It's like i don't even have it anymore. I was actually crying when i talked to my doctor about how well it worked for me because i really felt like my life was over with how bad it was progressing. I just want to say if you haven't tried it yet please please please give it a shot. This has changed my life. I couldn't even imagine a life without feeling tired but now i can. i just wanted to share my experience with you guys and let you know if you havent tried it yet, please do!

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,083 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Awesome to hear!

#3 LuisPuerta

LuisPuerta

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thank you :). It is the strangest damn thing (pardon my language) not feeling it always there. i just wanted to add that i don't have cataplexy, just the narcolepsy and Sleep Apnea. Also while i do get the headaches that are common with this medication, they gradually go away during exercise and then dissappear completely after :). Also i do feel that weird aloofness and detachment but it is very minor compared to the drive I've gotten from all of a sudden being not tired.

God i didn't think it was possible..I really hope it works for others like it did for me. While the depression, stress, and anxiety are all still there a little bit, i feel like i have hope.

#4 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

That is WONDERFUL to hear...good on ya!
Please have patience and do not increase your dose for at least a month or two to give your body time to adjust...if you ever increase it at all. I'm starting to believe that "less is more" with some of these meds.
I'm having a similar joyous experience with Provigil but only 100 mg. once a day at 8 a.m...It has taken nearly two months for all of the benefits to materialize. I'm on top of the world.

#5 needbetterlife

needbetterlife

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

wow very inspirational thread thanks for sharing

#6 Chemist

Chemist

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Glad you found something that works! You'll have to update us in a month or two to let us know if the drug continues to be just as effective and if you needed to make any adjustments.

#7 NetiNeti

NetiNeti

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Awesome to here!

I have a similar story. Diagnosed at 24, work out 5x a week and typically healthy. Nuvigil works well for me too. Its been 10 months @ 150mg :)