My Time With Xyrem

xyrem medication prescription esd bpd

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 EskewCG

EskewCG

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Doing everything to combat insomnia and live my life!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update over the past few days. I've almost stopped using Xyrem completely (only take it once or twice on mornings when I wake up too early). I also started back on my original regiment of 300mg XL Brupropion and 100mg Lamictal daily with taking 20-30 mg of adderall as needed. I believe I have dopamine deficiency syndrome and the Adderall gives me a must needed boost but I'm going to try to switch from Brupropion to the 300 mg XL brand name Wellbutrin pills.

In relation to my insomnia, this week I've tried taking different numbers of Lunesta, Restoril, Xanax, Rozerem (which is crap) and Melatonin tablets with little to no success. I think my insomnia relates to some sort of Serotonin deficiency in my brain and was thinking of trying Remeron or Elavil.

Anyone have experience with using Remeron or Elavil? I've also tried Seroquel and Trazodone in the past with little to no success. Any feedback would be much appreciated. :D 

#42 jennel

jennel

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Live Irish Music, I'm really interesting until you ask me what my interests are...Social Butterfly by Day, Mopey Insomniac by Night ;)

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Hey there. Don't know that it will be useful but personally I am on 200 mg of Provigil a.m. and lunch, as well as 15 mg dexadrine two a.m. two afternoon. Also 3 300 mg nuerontin a.m. and pm. For sleep I'm still trying the Xyrem.

#43 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Did you try taking DXM to see how it impacted your sleep? If you do get very sleepy from it and sleep well then my vote would be remeron.

#44 EskewCG

EskewCG

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Doing everything to combat insomnia and live my life!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Ah I totally forgot about taking Delsym. If my pdoc doesn't call me back by tonight (he's been slacking lately) I'll buy some tonight and let you know how it goes tomorrow. Is the ingredient a serotonin agonist or does it act more on the melatonin receptor?

#45 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update over the past few days. I've almost stopped using Xyrem completely (only take it once or twice on mornings when I wake up too early). I also started back on my original regiment of 300mg XL Brupropion and 100mg Lamictal daily with taking 20-30 mg of adderall as needed. I believe I have dopamine deficiency syndrome and the Adderall gives me a must needed boost but I'm going to try to switch from Brupropion to the 300 mg XL brand name Wellbutrin pills.

In relation to my insomnia, this week I've tried taking different numbers of Lunesta, Restoril, Xanax, Rozerem (which is crap) and Melatonin tablets with little to no success. I think my insomnia relates to some sort of Serotonin deficiency in my brain and was thinking of trying Remeron or Elavil.

Anyone have experience with using Remeron or Elavil? I've also tried Seroquel and Trazodone in the past with little to no success. Any feedback would be much appreciated. :D

You gotta be kidding me. I did a double take when I read this post. "Xyrem in the mornings"???? "This week I've tried taking different numbers of Lunesta, Restoril, Xanax, Rozerem and Melatonin with little to no success"?????

IMHO, THERE IS NO ON/OFF SWITCH FOR ANYTHING UNLESS YOU GIVE IT TIME TO WORK. TIME !!! Yeah I know it's a four letter word for some of you young people. You're scatter shooting and I worry that you're going to do some serious damage to yourself. It took me two months to feel the full advantage of one pill...and took me eighteen months to get over two other meds 25 years ago. Please be kinder to yourself.

#46 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Chemistry, Medicine, Science, Computers, Traveling, Not Being Tired

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Ah I totally forgot about taking Delsym. If my pdoc doesn't call me back by tonight (he's been slacking lately) I'll buy some tonight and let you know how it goes tomorrow. Is the ingredient a serotonin agonist or does it act more on the melatonin receptor?

Nonselective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and NMDA receptor antagonist, primarily. It has nothing to do with melatonin. If you have a Walgreen's nearby you can usually just find a bottle of Wal-Tussin for a few bucks which has just the DXM HBr in it. 15mg per capsule. You would take 2-3 capsules 2 hours before bedtime.

#47 raouf

raouf

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hi all, 

Have you tried Nuvigil?  I have been on it for a few years and I am pretty happy.  Although I could use  a higher dosage sometimes which my insurance won't pay for, it works great with close to no side effects. 

Ciao
R

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xyrem, medication, prescription, esd, bpd