The Search For The Perfect Bed
Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:25 PM
Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:30 PM
For around a year and a half now, I've had an expensive (still paying for it, although it was cheaper than the one linked, but is that mattress) 'Talalay Latex' mattress -> http://www.latexblis...fusion-regbase
- It is great and I don't regret the dive, I've never had a bed that compares to it.
- If allergies are a problem, these are the best you can get because they're naturally hypoallergenic. However, some can be allergic to Latex, so...
- They do not allow dust mites/bedbugs to reproduce, like normal mattresses, which is a nice quality.
- They have small holes throughout them which allows for the mattress to breathe, you do have to get nice cotton sheets and not have a plastic cover on the mattress, as well as using a frame that has slats (rather than a box spring) so that the air can breathe through the bottom of it (it breathes through the sides as well).
- Latex mattresses are comparable, in feel and the manner of being excellent for ones back, to Memory Foams. Memory foams are made of glues and a lot of chemicals which can over time or if the bed is damaged, be harmful; compared to (at least with high quality latex mattresses, being types of Dunlap and Talalay) being Natural Talalay Latex: Non Toxic, Allergen Free, Dust Mite Resistant, Antibacterial, Breathable...
I spent months waiting, thinking, trying out mattresses, researching and today I couldn't be happier.
I recommend that you spend time doing the same.
I still have pretty crappy sleep, but my body aches less and I am always comfortable in the bed, as long as I don't have a headache or other ache going into it or from just being in bed too long.
Having Narcolepsy with Cataplexy, as well as minimal-moderate 'idiopathic central sleep apnea,' the above is to be expected...
Good luck, thought I'd respond and describe my perspective.
Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:25 PM
My husband and I finally splurged and bought a memory foam bed. We got the Serta Genius (http://www.mattressf...-Foam-P255.aspx) and it's been pretty amazing. Honestly, I think a memory foam bed is great, if you can afford it. I feel so much more supported while laying on it, and I have a lot less soreness when I wake up.
I say, go with whateevr kind of bed works best for you and affords you the best sleep you can get.