Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chavo2177

Red Flagged For Perscriptions

4 posts in this topic

In 2004 I put my ankle on sideways and had 3 surgeries to fix it. I now have a running perscription of Vicodin for the pain as I am over weight by 60+ lbs. I received my script for 10mg Adderal and when I told them that low of a dose would not work I was flagged because i had asked for a Higher dose. I weigh about 260 lbs, male and this is such BS to me because I was started at such a low dose. They have now made me feel like a drug scammer and I dont want to ask for refills any more.

I've learned that when it comes to prescriptions, however frustrating it can be, you just kinda have to play their game. Even if you know/suspect that the lower does will not help, just go with it. Start off with the lower dose, go back for your follow-up appointment, tell them about how it's not effective enough. Then they'll increase your dosage, and you can repeat this routine until you find what works for you.

I know how annoying and frustrating this can be, though. I'm going through a similar situation right now. My doctor prescribed a strong dosage, but my insurance company refuses to approve it because they think I should have a lower dosage. It's ridiculous and annoying because now I have ineffective medicine and there's basically nothing I can do about it. =/

Yeah, you gotta give it a shot first. It may not work, but you might be surprised. The effect stimulantshave on a person has a lot more to do with their brain chemistry than body mass.