weird symptoms

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TiredAgain

TiredAgain

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Ok this is weird but I make a snort type noise that can happen at anytime. It's kind of a mix between a snort like when your laughing really hard and a snore like when you snore yourself awake, and it can be very embarrassing. I can be talking to someone and it will happen, nobody has ever said anything, but I catch myself saying oh I just snorted sorry.

Before I was diagnosed I told my Dr I think I have something wrong because I was doing this noise that was a mix between snore yourself awake and like I missed a breathe. I didn't realize how noticeable it was until one of my students(I work with special needs kids)looked at me and asked if I was ok. My Dr said I was falling asleep that I really need to get tested. I argued with him because I know I wasn't sleeping, I asked some adults that I have done it in front of and they agreed I never missed a word etc.. He said I was sleeping for like a millisecond. Obviously I did end up getting tested.

That doesn't happen much anymore it has been replaced with the snort like sound. I don't have to be talking for it to happen.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

#2 Serison

Serison

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Happens to me, I think it's because I'm often congested though.

#3 TiredAgain

TiredAgain

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for your reply

#4 Serison

Serison

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

I was thinking, it might be when I'm tired and start to breathe too shallow then try to take a deep breath and up snorting.

#5 TiredAgain

TiredAgain

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

That makes since,

When it happens to me it is also like I'm breathing in deep.

#6 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

I bet it's a microsleep like the doc said. Those can cause all sorts of weirdness.

#7 TiredAgain

TiredAgain

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

It's just weird because I don't miss a beat and it's embarrassing

#8 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Do you have trouble breathing through your nose or do you breathe through your mouth. Many PWN have sinus, allergy, nasal troubles. Sometimes, extra body weight (not accusing) can cause extra airway resistance.

So, I am asking because a snort and a snore are kind of for the same reason- airway resistance. And mouth breathing, even while talking, produces shallow breathing. When your body gets a little low on O2, in signals a deeper inhale (which is also the reason for a yawn). Maybe a deeper inhale and airway resistance is causing this snort.

#9 TiredAgain

TiredAgain

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Actually I do have a deviated septum which makes it hard to breathe on one side and extra body weight. I do have airway resistance big time at night. I was tested for sleep apnea twice but they said I don't stop breathing.

hanks for your reply