Im South African And Im Only 17.......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Graydon

Graydon

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi I just found out that im not alone at being narcoleptic......ive had it since I recieved a head injury while on a sports tour at the end of my grade 7 year, which is not the greatest to start my teen years.....im guessing everyone knows already how it starts and the whole confusion involved, I have never met anyone who knows what im going through face to face, or even met a doctor who knew how to help me.......im now 17 and I 'kind of' have things under control....I dont have friends, girls seem to shy away from me, my academics are horrible, and the only thing I really have to look forward to is the 2013 conference that im flying half way across the world to attend......it would be really cool if anyone could talk to me on facebook or something and help me out?

#2 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hi Graydon,

It doesn't appear that many young people post on this board. But, I wanted you to know that we (the old farts) are here for you in other sections if we can help. Sorry that you have to go through this at such a young age. I'm old enough to be your Granny (62) and was diagnosed at 36 when I was old enough to be your mother. 

Obviously, with the age difference, you will have different issues to address. Best of luck in connecting with your peer group.

#3 andlostillgiven

andlostillgiven

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey Graydon,

I'm not a diagnosed member of the N community, but I understand and have been living with the symptoms for almost 10 years, I'm 24 so I'm a little older than you but younger than a lot of the guys here haha.

Search odious.infinity@hotmail.com on Facebook if you want to chat sometime

#4 andlostillgiven

andlostillgiven

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey Graydon,

I'm not a diagnosed member of the N community, but I understand and have been living with the symptoms for almost 10 years, I'm 24 so I'm a little older than you but younger than a lot of the guys here haha.

Search odious.infinity@hotmail.com on Facebook if you want to chat sometime