Photo

Lucid Dreaming! Topics, Senses, And Point Of View

lucid dreaming

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Lucid dreaming topics, places, and senses! (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Lucid dream topics

1. Recently deceased people that I KNEW PERSONALLY (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. People deceased I do not recognize (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. People showing me or explaining how they died (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

4. Premonition: Dreams of the future (Personal, and came true) (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

5. Premonition: Dreams of the future (yet to be affirmed) (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

6. Premonition: Dreams of the future (world wide scale, yet to be affirmed) (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

7. Premonition: Dreams of the future ( world wide scale, affirmed) (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

8. You experience strange sexual encounters (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

9. You experience something you know is evil but cannot see it (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

10. You can see the source of "evil" (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

11. You experience guidance from something (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

12. You dream theoretical things (if you do this, you know exactly what it means) (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

13. you dream of inventions (1 votes [2.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

14. You dream of a lover (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Point of view in your dreams

1. First person, I am experiencing and interacting with people, able to speak and hear them (4 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. First person, I am able to interact but lack the ability to hear or talk to them (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. You are experiencing through another persons eyes, unable to control self even if you try (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

4. you are experiencing the "action" as an outside viewer, unable to interact (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

5. you are experiencing as an outside viewer and someone in the dream knows you are present (3 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

6. the position I am sleeping in (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Where are you in your dream?

1. Strange new places in the world (places your waking self has not been) (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

2. my room (where I am sleeping) (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. the house I grew up in (if not your current house) (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

4. Where ever I am sleeping (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

5. Where ever someone shows me (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jobare07

jobare07

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Just out of curiosity. I have Lucid dreams on a nightly basis, I see people I do and do not know, and I have sensory issues in my dreams ( I think I "turned of hearing" in my dreams because of one horrible experience a few years ago). 

As you know, It's a strange world, almost like another dimension!

- Jobare07 :ph34r:

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I do believe dreams can predict the future and help solve problems. I think there was a quote from the X-Files once that went like "Dreams are the answer to question we haven't learned how to ask." Subconscious cogitation, desires, fears, all can come out in your dreams. One of the most interesting experiences I had is when I had coder's block on a program I was writing for school and in the middle of the night, an old man came to me and told me how to fix the program. I don't necessarily believe there's anything paranormal about that or dreams in general. I think their problem solving and sometimes prognostic qualities come from your mind just crunching the numbers behind the scenes. I tend to always go back to Occam's Razor in these sort of topics, though going back to the X-Files agian, Mulder called it: Occam's principle of limited imagination, haha. Sorry, I'm a sci-fi nut. My love for sci-fi is probably a knee-jerk response to the fact that I believe in an ordered and explainable universe.

#3 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

A recurring dream I've been having lately is that women/girls from my past that I've had feelings for or fallen in love with will come to me and try to get me to cheat on my girlfriend. It actually makes me feel like a good boyfriend, because I've always shot them down, so even in my dreams, I'm faithful. I'm not always a great boyfriend, mostly due to my N, so it makes me feel like much less of a bastard.

#4 jobare07

jobare07

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

I do believe dreams can predict the future and help solve problems. I think there was a quote from the X-Files once that went like "Dreams are the answer to question we haven't learned how to ask." Subconscious cogitation, desires, fears, all can come out in your dreams. One of the most interesting experiences I had is when I had coder's block on a program I was writing for school and in the middle of the night, an old man came to me and told me how to fix the program. I don't necessarily believe there's anything paranormal about that or dreams in general. I think their problem solving and sometimes prognostic qualities come from your mind just crunching the numbers behind the scenes. I tend to always go back to Occam's Razor in these sort of topics, though going back to the X-Files agian, Mulder called it: Occam's principle of limited imagination, haha. Sorry, I'm a sci-fi nut. My love for sci-fi is probably a knee-jerk response to the fact that I believe in an ordered and explainable universe.

That's AWESOME. I Have seen every single episode of X-Files...twice and I too find it incredibly insightful and philosophical. But I suppose to me, I guess I'm the worlds biggest skeptic, because I don't believe in an ordered and explainable universe ( in addition to being a bit of a sci-fi geek, I dabble in Math, physics and the like).  For example, I have a hard time understanding the word "finite". You can unravel anything, including "finite" numbers or time to go on infinitely. Then there's dimensions. I think there are about 13 defined dimensions... and I can't understand what is going on past the 7th. (Completely un-related to narcolepsy or sleep at this point... sort of)

#5 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

You should study linear algebra. I've talked with Nasa scientists who've worked with 8 digit coordinates before. And you can skew the grid anyway you want with vector spaces. Linear Algebra is one of the easiest higher maths to learn, but in practical application, it can lead to the weirdest *BEEP*.