Photo

If 2Nd Mslt Is -, Does It Negate A + 1Mslt?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

my mslt had only 1 sorem but since my avg. onset lat. was 2.18 minutes my doctor can justify prescribing my stimulants(in any amt.-it's a judgement call once dx is had-under standards of medical practice) and the rx is covered by insurance. 

for this to be so with his starting xyrem-particularly the insurance part-there must be 2 or more sorems in my mslt.  i'm thinking I should ask my md to order a 2nd mslt.

If I take a 2nd mslt and its - from me being too excited to fall asleep in the naps, does my first one still provide my md with a valid diagnosis of hypersomnia, or is it canceled out by the - 2nd mslt?

I actually do not think I won't fall asleep in the naps if I reapeat the mslt, but I didn't remain awake AT ALL in the intervals the first time around.

I think this could only have negated my somnolence as of the beginning of each nap.  but i'd have to really get myself worked up to stay awake for 2 hours w/o having had meds for 2 weeks, after only 8 hours of sleep.  might increase latencies in the test, I don't know. 

#2 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

The techs in the sleep lab are supposed to prevent you from falling asleep between the MSLT naps. If they catch you dozing, they are supposed to wake you up.

If you repeat your MSLT, I hope they help you better than the last time.

I do not recall if you have Cataplexy or not.

#3 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

no cataplexy