• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fc5

fc5

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

hi,

when I had my sleep study and took a series of naps,my first two naps had times of .9 seconds. that's .9 sec. not "9"...my 3rd nap took 28 sec. the rem thing I am not sure the exact average but it was about 5 min I think with the 3 naps I took. has anyone else had times this dramatic?or am I the king?

thanks,

e

#2 doinmdirndest

doinmdirndest

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive and wakeful, having fun doing it. Pursuit of the truth.

Being w/the woman I love, and looking out for the both of us (and our little dog, too).

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

i don't think that there are kings among us. my 300mg/d Adderall regimen might be a world record, i can't find anyone with a stimulant regimen = to mine. if i'm a record holder it doesn't make me a king any more than your mslt results are the worlds shortest latencies in an mslt. narcolepsy is very rare, here we just give each other support. plus, we don't have to be alone.

#3 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

you got me beat, I was under a minute with all four naps but I don't think I got 9 seconds! 

#4 fc5

fc5

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

ha I wish 9 sec... it was point nine...that's less than one sec.twice out of three naps I took. that's amazing huh? my doc never saw anything like it

#5 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Are you a monk? 

I wonder if strict meditation techniques can appear as sleep on EEG's.?

I ain't.  But, do think breathing and focus of ones attention, play right into it.

After laying there wide awake for an hour or two rolling back and forth uncomfortable before telling them to come in and give me a different pillow, in a Polysomnography, and them telling me I'd been asleep; it's hard to believe they can be so 'sure' of what they speak...

#6 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

I got 2.9 minutes and my dr said that was fast. He said anything under 9 minutes is indicative of Narcolepsy. But wow .9 seconds is really fast. And under 1 minute for every nap is pretty fast!

#7 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

fc5 do you fall asleep in mind sentence or just that quick when you let yourself?  

That really sounds painful :(