Alabama

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MML

MML

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Anyone here from Alabama? Know of any Narolepsy Associations in AL that raise awareness?

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm from Alabama. Unfortunately, the last time I checked, nearest support groups and the like are in Atlanta and Nashville.

#3 engineerman9337

engineerman9337

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Learning; Driving; Motorcycling; being in control; physics; helping; canines; reading; psychology; philosophy; living with Narcolepsy;

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Anyone here from Alabama? Know of any Narolepsy Associations in AL that raise awareness?

#4 engineerman9337

engineerman9337

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Learning; Driving; Motorcycling; being in control; physics; helping; canines; reading; psychology; philosophy; living with Narcolepsy;

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Trying to "raise" a little awareness about groups that purport to "raise awareness". There is at least one "awareness" group that appears to me to be an elaborate tax shelter. If you have a diagnosis of Narcolepsy, look for a "support" group made up of people with Narcolepsy. If you can't find one (try a sleep center/clinic for info) advertise on this site, or some other no-cost www venue. You can meet at a Library, Institute for Higher Learning, McD's parking lot... the value of meeting other people with Narcolepsy is incalculable.

#5 Higgybella32

Higgybella32

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hi,

I am from Alabama. My 9 year old son was diagnosed with narcolepsy this summer. It has been a real journey! He and I would both love to meet other people with narcolepsy and I know he would love to meet some kids. We are in Huntsville but I would certainly drive a couple of hours for the opportunity!

#6 Sleepy Bird

Sleepy Bird

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I am in Huntsville AL. I am interested in starting a group in Huntsville / Northern Alabama.

#7 engineerman9337

engineerman9337

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Best wishes, you guys! I'm praying you get something started.
engineerman in SC.