MML

Alabama

7 posts in this topic

Anyone here from Alabama? Know of any Narolepsy Associations in AL that raise awareness?

I'm from Alabama. Unfortunately, the last time I checked, nearest support groups and the like are in Atlanta and Nashville.

Anyone here from Alabama? Know of any Narolepsy Associations in AL that raise awareness?

Trying to "raise" a little awareness about groups that purport to "raise awareness". There is at least one "awareness" group that appears to me to be an elaborate tax shelter. If you have a diagnosis of Narcolepsy, look for a "support" group made up of people with Narcolepsy. If you can't find one (try a sleep center/clinic for info) advertise on this site, or some other no-cost www venue. You can meet at a Library, Institute for Higher Learning, McD's parking lot... the value of meeting other people with Narcolepsy is incalculable.

Hi,

I am from Alabama. My 9 year old son was diagnosed with narcolepsy this summer. It has been a real journey! He and I would both love to meet other people with narcolepsy and I know he would love to meet some kids. We are in Huntsville but I would certainly drive a couple of hours for the opportunity!

I am in Huntsville AL. I am interested in starting a group in Huntsville / Northern Alabama.

Best wishes, you guys! I'm praying you get something started.

engineerman in SC.