exanimo

Memory Issues

29 posts in this topic

I'm having lots of cognition issues as of late, but I think a lot of that is because something tripped my panic attack trigger again, so about the past 5 days, I've been in a very high anxiety state, which seems to make me loopy after so long. I think it was just a medication imbalance but it's being exacerbated by stress at work and having to get ready to move this coming Wednesday. In fact, i've still got two accounts to transfer over that I meant to do last week, but just go so stressed I forgot. I wish i could have a normal brain instead of a stupid narcolepsy and anxiety brain.

Stress can be brutal, anxieties can be hell. 

It sounds like you've currently got real reasons for both, unfortunately. 

Try an focus (distract yourself) on when it's (the big stressors and anxieties) are over with, and you'll be more so afterwards, chilling...

Hope that you are able to manage it without more difficulties arising and also able to, at the same time, manage to mellow it all out for your brains sake.

A 'not surprising' article, somewhat relative:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130626143031.htm

Well, in the weeks leading up to my anxiety relapse, I was getting much less sleep. My lamictal had been helping with my N symptoms which led me to push the envelope and only get about 7 hrs of sleep a night. That and my abrupt cessation 5-htp which had apparently been helping with my panic attacks all along are what I think caused this latest anxiety relapse. So I slept 10 hrs friday night, and took a 3 hr nap yesterday, as well. I slept about 9 last night. I'm thinking I'll take a nap in an hour or so...

Drink a lot of water, especially when having any attack/episode of real effect.

That, at least, helps me to breathe better and find calm.

Best of luck to you.