History society shaman oracle dreams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GuruMeditationError

GuruMeditationError

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Has anyone else ever heard this?  That Narcoleptics, because of their unique access to dreams and "the other world" were functional memebers of ancient society. They played the role of Shaman, Oracle, Seer, or Prophet.   I did some volunteer work at a psychiatirc hosptial and found an article in some medical journal which seemed to be saying this. The article was not in english but the title of it, according to my poor translation skills, seemed to be suggesting this. I would really like to know if there is more out there about the historical role of the Narcoleptic.

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Not here, unless I could have been the acolyte of sheer madness. My dreams are random garbage, kinda like watching robot chicken while doing copious amounts of drugs, I imagine. There's no sense to be made and I rarely remember more than bits or snatches a few hours after waking. Occasionally, one will be so epically bizarre I will force myself to memorize it, but it hast to be a concerted effort. But yea, people always cast ancient and ethnic societies in this mold, but even the Romans in the AD period of their reign would often use dreams of senate members and other prominent persons as a spring board for ideas to legislate.

#3 vidar

vidar

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:coffee (especially Italian), working out, travel,

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Can you post the article to google docs account or public dropbox link or even provide a link to the article? Title and author and Journal otherwise would be cool.

Even if it's not in english, I can get translation service. It makes sense.  However because of my personal self image, I prefer to see myself as a wizard of sorts... lol. 

#4 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

http://www.academia....ry_of_Shamanism

I just found this when I was browsing the web. Very interesting.

#5 AuberryT

AuberryT

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hello, I know I'm late to the convention but I am seeking the connection between narcolepsy and astral projection. There is no doubt in my mind that the two are intrinsically connected, however, western medicine or the society in general can only see into problems so deeply due to ignore the higher faculties governing life itself. This being the spirit realm. If we are to understand how narcolepsy is connected to the "other world" then we have to look back into the philosophies of Ancient societies. Ancient African societies to be specific due to Africa being the origin of all things especially that which deals with the metaphysical or spiritual realms. Has anyone ever thought about what in our genes triggers narcolepsy? I mean aside from the set of reasons western medicine has put together. What does Eastern Holistic Medicine orScience say about Narcolepsy?

#6 Cazee0303

Cazee0303

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

My dreams are very detailed and even often EVIL I dream my kids are being killed in front of me
It's awful!
BUT I also have reoccurring dreams. I once had a dream for three mths about having a relapse! About 6 mths later I had a reloaded and EVERYTHUNG I dreamed actually happened
I'm going thru SOMETHJBG IDENTICAL right now
About a year ago I kept having a dream that my husband was being mean to me and so on and so forth
And ALL OFMITNIS HAPPENING RIGHT AS WE SPEAK !!
Maybe I have te gift if descernment or maybe narcolepsy DOES INDEED play a role in this
Idk
A also dreamed about a mine exploding and people dying about three weeks before the mine in West Virginia killed all those people !!

#7 Cazee0303

Cazee0303

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

My dreams are very detailed and even often EVIL I dream my kids are being killed in front of me
It's awful!
BUT I also have reoccurring dreams. I once had a dream for three mths about having a relapse! About 6 mths later I had a reloaded and EVERYTHUNG I dreamed actually happened
I'm going thru SOMETHJBG IDENTICAL right now
About a year ago I kept having a dream that my husband was being mean to me and so on and so forth
And ALL OFMITNIS HAPPENING RIGHT AS WE SPEAK !!
Maybe I have te gift if descernment or maybe narcolepsy DOES INDEED play a role in this
Idk
A also dreamed about a mine exploding and people dying about three weeks before the mine in West Virginia killed all those people !!

#8 mysimulacrum

mysimulacrum

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:atheism, antitheism, election reform, information security, wizardry, photography, prison reform, drug reform, judicial reform, informatics, beer, science, behavioral science, everyone can learn science, you have no excuse you lazy bums, go learn about the scientific method, there was no youtubes when i was your age

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 PM

If you play "Mario & Luigi: Dream Team" on Nintendo 3DS, Luigi actually plays a very similar role. He is clearly narcoleptic and his ability creates a dream portal for Mario to enter the dream world.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: History, society, shaman, oracle, dreams