Articles, Anyone?

soon my access ends

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doinmdarndest

doinmdarndest

• Banned
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:construction kayaking bowling cool old stuff my wonderful little blonde gal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I have a friend that works w/medical people handling correspondence, etc.  this friend gets me full-text medical articles for free normally not available w/o paying 35 dollars or so.

in a matter of weeks this wonderful person will be relocating.   for now, at least, I can still get articles.  but only a few.

i'd like to offer the chance to access medical publications w/o cost to others here.  contact me in the nn messaging or use my email from my profile page, or simply reply to this posting w/article you want.  i'll get it for you.   I know how frustrating it is to encounter a page requiring your billing info. to pay for an article you want to view.  knowledge should be for all who seek it not just those who can pay.

its not a perfect world and i'm aware fees for things like this are inevitable in our system/society. 

#2 SleepyMann

SleepyMann

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:The great outdoors, avid podcast listener

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi,

In relation to your post, I too have been frustrated by the lack of availability of articles.  Just look on PubMed and so many times you can only read the summaries.  Have you tried your local library and/or a public university?  Many offer free subscriptions while using their library accounts.

I have a friend that works w/medical people handling correspondence, etc.  this friend gets me full-text medical articles for free normally not available w/o paying 35 dollars or so.