Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

i might have to look into that.....

#22 Jed Badley

Jed Badley

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Minecraft! (and sleep).

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Don't give up on going back to the doctor to change/ boost your medications. I wouldn't be surprised if i tried 10 different medications for my sleep issues over about a year until i found a good mix.

#23 Faklam

Faklam

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Doesn't modafinil take some time to start making some effect?

I started with it last friday, 5 days ago, and up to now I couldn't realize any effect! Many people in the web, people who uses it as smart drug, relate that the first time on modafinil 200mg is something like a bomb inside! I haven't realized even the side effects, maybe just a little headache in the end of the day.

By the way, it seems to have the opposite effect! I started with 100mg in the first day, 200mg in the second, 300 in the third, and it had no effect, so I went back to 100mg to know if my body get used to it. Today, I took 100mg, and before lunch I had to take 10mg ritalin, even though it was impossible not to sleep from 2 to 3 pm! After that I had to take two more pills of ritalin, that aren't making the same effect as before taking modafinil.

#24 IdiopathicHypersomniac

IdiopathicHypersomniac

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

I mix.  Lots of other things you can try.  Xyrem, Adderall, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, Concerta/Biphentin, caffeine tablets/coffee, mixing low doses of Adderall and Provigil, etc.  Switch to Adderall for a while, then switch back.  Keep changing the meds so your body doesn't develop a tolerance to any of them.  Some other meds can improve sleep quality at night, like Lunesta, Ambien, and Gabapentin.  Antidepressants like Cymbalta, Effexor, or Prozac can also help improve alertness during the day.

#25 needbetterlife

needbetterlife

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

I just tested the link in my reply.  it did not work, but it does when I click on it in correspondence w/another forum member w/in the nn system's internal email.  this is where I got the link from sk8aplexy.  but now it's not performing. 

send me an email w/address from my profile page; i'll reply w/link that will function.  fax option also not too inconvenient @ my end, remit# and we'll go w/fax.

it may be some time before I can get the 1956 article keyed in; this one is by far the one of lesser value to bring to your md.  I hope I have the tenacity to follow through on my stated intention to present dr. yoss' work here in the forum. 

it will arrive, should I actually hack this, as a new posting in 'treatment' as opposed to a reply.

I truly wish other pwn to have an opportunity to check it out.  it is as useful as it is forgotten, but my hunt and peck w/one finger method presents a formidable task to do if I am to avail others of it here. 

it is not available via internet and was not easy for me to obtain.  I will go fwd now; hope neither time nor volume limits in the nn posting mechanism s.cans my effort.  if so, sira sira and all that s.  life goes on.   I wish there was a 'save as a draft' feature; maybe there is now, there's a new spell check I notice. 

thanks, nn! I needed that!

yeah link not working for me either