• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oneplustwins

oneplustwins

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, my family, playstation 3, bioshock, tattoos, reading

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Well, had my sleep study.  Worst night's sleep ever.  I slept for all the naps--they were going to do only 4 but had to add another because I dreamt during the 4th one.  Not sure what that means?  All I know is I was so tired when I left....and naturally, couldn't sleep last night until 5am.  I'm going to try not to nap today, but I can't say how well that is going to work out.  ):  I'm so tired of being exhausted and never feeling rested.  My follow up with the sleep doctor is May 29.  I can hardly wait....seriously.

#2 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

They can diagnose you with N if you have 2 naps with REM. if you had REM in the fourth, they were looking for it again in the fifth. If you dreamt, you probably had REM. if you only had one nap with REM you will be probably be dx with Hypersomnia but the treatment is essentially the same as with N as long as the dr can convince the insurance company to pay for the meds. I was technically dx with Hypersomnia by the MSLT but the dr still thinks I have N and prescribed xyrem for me. Now I am waiting to see if insurance will cover it.

Anyway, keep us updated on your results. I hope you can get some rest.

#3 oneplustwins

oneplustwins

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, my family, playstation 3, bioshock, tattoos, reading

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Gotcha!  Thank you (:  I may have dreamt in the 5th nap too, it's hard telling.  It honestly was the worst 20 hours I've had in a long time, LOL.  I just can NOT wait to see what they have to say on the 29th.  I'm eager to get my life back to normal!