Rape Arrest Of Sleep Center Tech

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Ok. I just saw a news report about a very recent incident of a sexual assault at a sleep center in the same town I had my sleep study done! The tech who did it was a contractor who worked at various centers. It was not the guy who did my study. However the man who did mine was the only staff member who was present. There was another patient. I was uncomfortable about this. I was wondering if it was common to only have one tech on staff or if some centers have a policy in place to prevent something like this from happening. So of those who have had sleep studies, do you remember if you had only one or two techs present?

http://www.myfoxdfw....on-sleep-center

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Well only one presided over my case, but there were other people having studies the same night. If it really weirds you out, ask for the camera footage. They film the entire thing, ostensibly to check for RLS and the like, but I'm sure it's also to guard agaisnt this sort of thing. I don't think it's an unreasonable request to be able to look through the camera footage in the aftermath of such an arrest. In this day and age, if I was a woman, I think I'd wear one of those South African deals that works like a bear trap. That way there is swift and immediate justice. Rapists deserve to get their cocks and balls burned off as punishment anyway.

#3 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I am a little freaked out about having to do my study again. Would it be out of line to ask for two techs present, a female tech, or if my husband can come?

#4 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well if it's really got you worried, I'd say one or both of those things will have to happen or you'll just not sleep again.

#5 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Sleep study redo scheduled for this Saturday/Sunday. They said the tech will be female this time.

#6 napper3

napper3

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

I had two techs at one study and one at another study.

#7 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

There were more than 2 techs for my study and other people testing.

#8 dormir

dormir

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well only one presided over my case, but there were other people having studies the same night. If it really weirds you out, ask for the camera footage. They film the entire thing, ostensibly to check for RLS and the like, but I'm sure it's also to guard agaisnt this sort of thing. I don't think it's an unreasonable request to be able to look through the camera footage in the aftermath of such an arrest. In this day and age, if I was a woman, I think I'd wear one of those South African deals that works like a bear trap. That way there is swift and immediate justice. Rapists deserve to get their cocks and balls burned off as punishment anyway.

Oh my gosh, this post made my day.

#9 tammmmyr

tammmmyr

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I am a little freaked out about having to do my study again. Would it be out of line to ask for two techs present, a female tech, or if my husband can come?

At the sleep center I'm going to, they said my husband could sleep with me.  Especially if it meant a more 'typical' night's sleep to study.  I'm having a do-over as well, since I didn't sleep very well and they recorded absolutely no snoring.  Let me tell you, I put lumberjacks to shame so if they didn't get any snoring on tape, it was not a typical night's sleep.