Getting A Light Headed Almost "high" Feeling During Hh

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Ok, so this is a strange occurrence that happens to me during HH. I will start to get a light headed feeling that increases as I continue to breathe in a rhythmic kind of pattern. I can hear myself breathing. I start to feel a sort of "high" I guess. ( I have actually never been high before) I will feel like I am starting to float. I am really enjoying it so I continue to breath rhythmically. If I stop the rhythm I will wake up. This is strange because in all my other HHs it is difficult to wake up. Anyway but if I continue too long I feel my head start to burn a bit so then I stop because it really creeps me out. Sometimes when I wake up I notice my blanket over my face and I worry that I might have been losing oxygen or something. I am not on any meds. Has anyone had this experience?

#2 exanimo

exanimo

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, reading, writing, poetry, hiking, camping, college, art, anthropology, history, biology, anatomy &physiology...

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

When i have HH I feel like I'm floating. And while its vivid its also still kind of hazy...

I don't know about the breathing though, but I suspect it may have to do with the body controlling breathing during sleep; it is no longer under voluntary control. The diaphragm is the only muscle not paralyzed during REM and consequently when those with severe cataplexy who might collapse and appear unconscious are also unable to control their breathing.

#3 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for sharing.

#4 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,290 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

My HH aren't really proper hallucinations. It's more like my thought processes turn to mush and I'll be thinking about what I have to do tomorrow: "I've gotta run these tests at work, then go shopping, and  porkchop unicorns with the master sword conquer the milky way." I do have auditory hallucinations, a lot of times a knocking sound or shout akin to exploding head syndrome.

#5 Mmartens3

Mmartens3

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

i get a lot of auditory HH as well. most of the time I hear lots of people talking. sometimes I hear the radio playing. and sometimes it sounds like an intruder breaking in.

#6 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

This description below may sound a bit, off the wall, but I would bet some here can relate.

Mine can seem 'perhaps' like the term: 'out of body experiences.' 

Like I'm where ever, clearly viewing and at times hearing, but am not visible. 

These occur sort of like DeathRabbit's description, in that when there is something that has been in or going threw my mind, a lot (like a trip or a test), it is the focus of the dream yet I am not at play 'necessarily' within.

I also do not feel that they're like hallucinations, I just think of them as intense dreams.  Referring to them a hypnagognic dreams!