Photo

Cataplexy Or Head Rush Or.. What?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2Tired4This

2Tired4This

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Is it weird that I had to change this field a little once I started my Meds? XD Now im more interested in computers, science, social-sciences, space, and the mechanics of cars more than i'm interested in girls.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Ok. I'm definitely a little weirded out here.. 

So i just woke up from abt 1 and a half hour nap. I usualy dont take my meds on the weekends and had just finished off some lunch before my nap. After laying in bed, wide awake, for about ten minutes I finally decided to get up and get some water.

I clearly remember putting my feet onto the ground, having to step carefully as not to break some things I had left there. I also remember taking a couple steps 

AND THEN BAM I WAS ON THE TILE FLOOR already down the hallway quite a ways.

I didn't hit anything luckily and probably just bruised my knee and hands a little. 

But what the HACK just happened to me? I have been having a lot of head rushes later in the day when I take my meds but usually I still retain some vision and only wobble a bit while I walk for a couple seconds. I don't remember even feeling the beginning of a head rush this time. It was just getting up to get a drink and then BAM trying not to cry while I picked myself up off the cold tile floor. 

Anyone have any idea what just happened to me? Could this be related to N at all? IDK im so confused haha.

#2 salomeforever

salomeforever

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary art, film and video, crafts, psychology

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Not really sure.  I'm frequently lightheaded, especially when standing up, and I have been for a while.  I was trying to figure out if I had Vertigo or Meniere's Disease a little before my Narcolepsy diagnosis. I fell over the other day but I think the dizziness was really exacerbated by not eating or sleeping soundly lately (Adderall adjustments, ugh).  I also get really dizzy when I lift my hands over my head or lift something heavy.  I get cataplexy also sometimes when I lift stuff and it's a different feeling.