Retro Active Class Drop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aronjrsmil

aronjrsmil

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

I needed to drop a class because of the issues I had with my narcolepsy, however they said that because the issue happened before the drop deadline, I would be unable to drop the class. I had the worst academic month of my life because of a mess up with my medication, but because I was too busy cleaning up my own mess, I missed the deadline for drop by a few hours. If I had not been so bad off in February, I would have been able to pass the class, but now I can't and they won't let me, what should I do? there has got to be something? I am reading about retro active drops and they say I don't have a valid excuse? I really should have a case here. 1. I was misinformed about the date of the drop deadline. 2. My N destroyed my ability for an entire month 3. I was also kicked out of housing and spent a night in jail. 4. My financial situation wasn't steady enough for me to able for sure drop the class.  5. I was shouldering the burden of being completely homeless at the time. Barely had time to go to do what I needed to do for my other classes. 7. I had no idea a drop would have not had an impact on my GPA. What should I do? I can get all the medical and legal proof that I want. But I'm not sure what is going to happen.

#2 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I would go to the Dean or whatever, and if that doesn't work, perhaps pursue legal action, or at least threaten it. Narcolepsy is an ADA recognized condition. At the very least, they should give you a chance to do some makeup work. My roomie had his appendix out right before his final, and they gave him a year to get around to completing the final coursework and take the test.