Photo

"prone To Depression" And "strange Resistance To Addiction"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sk8aplexy

sk8aplexy

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:Balance & Proportion of Tacos. Care & Respecting. Pools & Concrete Skateboarding. Observing & Contemplating. Future & Traveling. Technology & Evolving. Philosophy & Words...

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Put this down here, in this 'Parapsychology and the Paranormal' section; just out of hesitation of putting it anywhere.!

Article, "From Sleep Study, Clues to Happiness" linked below:

http://well.blogs.ny...s-to-happiness/

Depression is no light matter, yet I find myself constantly stirred up in, and/or by, presumptive shallowness; that is, in regards to the difficulties I have in
participating in so much, the misunderstanding of explanation and the problematics around certain participation.

Why; for me mainly because of Cataplexy but also EDS and more, that all, has to do with just not having the 'same common' interest in typical behavior and/or
activities as well as the 'same ability' to...

Addiction is a terrible thing and it unfortunately fuels so so much, it is used blatantly and with complete disregard yet continually thrown around
(perhaps) like cupcakes at a party, rather than being treated like what it is or can be when problems are related, relating to the addiction/abuse of...

#2 Zalika

Zalika

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

Well that explains why it was so easy for me to quit smoking cold turkey like it was nothing & why I never had physical cravings (did have mental ones though) when I did smoke. Can't complain there! :) No physical withdrawal symptoms . . . weird . . . oh well, mystery [possibly] solved!

#3 Ferret

Ferret

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

You don't have cataplexy do you Zalika? If you did, you would have gone into rebound cataplexy from the withdrawal of the nicotine.

I'm interested to know how long ago you quit smoking and when you were diagnosed with Narcolepsy...also what other meds you are on now...and how you're feeling.

Why? Because nicotine suppresses REM.

#4 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

Actually, as I've been connected different dots and trying to figure out different systems of the body, this plays well into my theory so far, as its fine tuned. Interesting article.