Creepy Driving Adventure... N Related??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sweetest_shone

sweetest_shone

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

So, I worked the late shift today (until 8:15 pm). After work I had to go to my mom's house to pick up the little one. On my way there at some point I didnt know where I was going anymore... At all. I could just tell that I recognized the area whenever I would come up on stop lights, intersections, etc. I just kept going And making turns thinking " ok his looks like the right way". I made it, without making any wrong turns! I just wondered is this is from my N or was it just some weird thing that happened??
Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's very creepy.

#2 lkl

lkl

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

I have a really bad sense of direction, so that sort of thing happens to me a lot, unless it is a route that I go on really frequently.

Once when I was really sleepy, that happened to me when I was walking home from work (which I do 5 days a week, most weeks), and I suddenly realized I didn't know where I was, and had kept walking past my turn on a particular road- I made it home, but felt lost the whole way, even when I was back on my normal route. I think it was an automatic behavior sort of thing. Scary though.

#3 sweetest_shone

sweetest_shone

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I have a really bad sense of direction, so that sort of thing happens to me a lot, unless it is a route that I go on really frequently.

Once when I was really sleepy, that happened to me when I was walking home from work (which I do 5 days a week, most weeks), and I suddenly realized I didn't know where I was, and had kept walking past my turn on a particular road- I made it home, but felt lost the whole way, even when I was back on my normal route. I think it was an automatic behavior sort of thing. Scary though.

#4 sweetest_shone

sweetest_shone

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I thought maybe automatic behavior but I don't go to my moms that late very often. And she doesn't kept my little one very often either.
I shared my experience w/ my hubby since I was very creeped out and he acted line it was no big deal. Almost shrugged it off. I guess he didn't believe me- I'm not sure.

#5 munky

munky

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. It takes up too much space.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

It could just be because you don't go to your Mom's house that late very often. Things look different at night ...

I've had similar epsiodes, but not the same. I've had times where I'm driving a route I drive all the time--to/from work, for instance--and at the usual time, but I suddenly have no idea where I am, I don't recognized anything at all! If I just keep going for a few minutes, however--just follow the road I'm on--it'll go away, and I'll realize I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.