Eye Dryness/contact Lenses Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mckenziee

mckenziee

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Is anyone having extreme eye dryness/irritation from contacts?

esp after (10-50min) naps either they get extremely uncomfortable when i blink (like there's something on my eyelid) or my contact is literally pushed to the side of my eye...? I just started wearing contacts about 4 mths ago... and ive gotten to the point where no matter what contact i try, after the first couple days of getting back into wearing contacts instead of glasses, my eyes become extremely irritated -the white of my eyes are all redish, are SUPER DRY, (when i go to put them in in the morning, they sting slightly)

Even though i'm not even wearing my contacts, during the night and in the morning it bothers me  how dry they are!!!!

#2 munky

munky

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. It takes up too much space.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

I used to wear contacts. Never renewed my prescription 'cause ... well, I've been lazy and not gone to the doc. If your contacts aren't the kind you can wear while you're sleeping, you need to make sure you take them out before your naps. Even 10-15 min naps will leave them and your eyes way too dry, and in that condition the contacts can actually scratch the surface of your eye, which can make it feel like there's something in your eye. Only thing you can do to relieve it is take them out, clean them, use eye drops to fix the dryness of your eyes. If you're lucky, you'll be able to put the contacts back in later. Usually, though, you'll have to wait until the next day.

Best fix of all would be to get the kind of contacts that are designed to be worn even when sleeping. You can still take them out at night, but you won't have as many problems if you take a nap with them still in.