Photo

Homeopathic Medicine Recommended By Dr...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eva78

Eva78

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

My niece who has been diagnosed with Narcolepsy in Sweden is one of those that more than likely developed it due to the Pandemrix flu shot. She has cataplexy as well. The medications she have been on are not really working so great. They are now recommending that she try Mucokehl D6. I know nothing about this and don't really understand how it could help. Anyone able to tell me more?

#2 lkl

lkl

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

I haven't heard of that before. But homeopathic products are generally made by diluting a particular substance (which in most cases, undiluted would cause the symptom that is trying to be treated), to the point where there is literally no trace of the original substance left. True homeopathic produces are essentially water, with a "memory" (if there is such a thing) of the active ingredient. So I honestly can't see how they can have any clinical effect.

Not to stay, that some people don't find homeopathic products useful, but I think often that is due to the placebo effect, or other concomitant therapies, understanding natural therapy practitioners  etc.

This website has a good overview of homeopathy: http://www.betterhea...ages/Homeopathy

#3 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

^What he said. Homeopathy is the hair of the dog that bit ya approach, minus the hair.